No bleeding on Cerelle for a year but now constant spotting? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Been on Cerelle mini pill for a year and a half and after it got used to my body I had no bleeding for just over a year. Since then (past few months) I’ve had spotting that lasted for a week every few weeks, then a whole month of nothing but now I’ve been spotting for a whole month. Anyone else have anything similar? More annoyed than anxious but unsure whether to wait it out or not.
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Been on Cerelle mini pill for a year and a half and after it got used to my body I had no bleeding for just over a year. Since then (past few months) I’ve had spotting that lasted for a week every few weeks, then a whole month of nothing but now I’ve been spotting for a whole month. Anyone else have anything similar? More annoyed than anxious but unsure whether to wait it out or not.
I had a similar experience but had no spotting for 9 months then constant spotting for 3 weeks after I put some weight on so decided to stop taking it as i was exhausted. Speak to your doctor for advice.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Did you change to anything else or stop all hormonal methods?? Did it take your body a while to get used to or did it stop right after you stopped taking the pill? Thanks !
(Original post by claireestelle)
I had a similar experience but had no spotting for 9 months then constant spotting for 3 weeks after I put some weight on so decided to stop taking it as i was exhausted. Speak to your doctor for advice.
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Did you change to anything else or stop all hormonal methods?? Did it take your body a while to get used to or did it stop right after you stopped taking the pill? Thanks !
Stopped all hormonal methods, stopped within a couple of days.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 day ago
At first I was on cerelle for 2 years and had no problems and no period at all then decided to stop and try a hormonal coil. Ended up getting coil removed and went back on cerelle. It has been awful. Have gained weight without changing diet and exercise and have spotting every few weeks or so. Doctor told me it can react differently with your body depending on existing hormone levels I believe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads