english lang Watch

10lalcc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
hi for the last question on language paper 2, the 40 marker, I wrote and based my answer around a newspaper article which at the time I thought was the question but I recently read somewhere that the question asked us to write an article to an editor. I was wondering if I would loose marks by doing that.pls help
aliferra
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What I would say is, as there is no real way to know how you did, is don't stress about it, and remember they mark you on what you did write, no what you didn't.
Random62
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In question 4 I hardly analysed language techniques would this reduce my marks?
aliferra
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Random62)
In question 4 I hardly analysed language techniques would this reduce my marks?
Exam board?
Random62
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Aqa
(Original post by aliferra)
Exam board?
Random62
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I wrote lots about how it conveys out and the thoughts and feelings it creates but hardly any language techniques
(Original post by Random62)
Aqa
aliferra
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I do not do the exam board, but the AQA mark scheme states that question four assesses you on Assessment Objective 3, which is to "Compare writers’ ideas and perspectives, as well as how these are conveyed, across two or more texts", with the best answers "1) Analyses how writers’ methods are used. 2) Selects a range of judicious supporting detail from both texts. 3) Shows a detailed and perceptive understanding of the different ideas and perspectives in both texts. It is not AO2 which requires language and structure, so you should be fine.
Random62
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Thankyou so much!(: I tend to not look at the mark scheme after an exam as it makes me have stress extra of what I haven’t done
(Original post by aliferra)
I do not do the exam board, but the AQA mark scheme states that question four assesses you on Assessment Objective 3, which is to "Compare writers’ ideas and perspectives, as well as how these are conveyed, across two or more texts", with the best answers "1) Analyses how writers’ methods are used. 2) Selects a range of judicious supporting detail from both texts. 3) Shows a detailed and perceptive understanding of the different ideas and perspectives in both texts. It is not AO2 which requires language and structure, so you should be fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
14.8%
The paper was reasonable (805)
56.22%
Not feeling great about that exam... (310)
21.65%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
7.33%

Watched Threads