I only date guys with cars, am I a gold digger?

Watch this thread
sachinihimara
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I don't care about wealth or even what they drive but it's just so impractical if neither of us can drive, we always end up seeing each other less and going to less fun places as we're limited to public transport and taxis everyday break the bank. I didn't think it was that weird but my friends say that makes me a gold digger?
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
No, you're just a car rider
Coolkitkat23
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
well something to ride on amirite????
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Cars aren't free to maintain. Having a guy drive you about might be saving you money on dates but he's still paying.
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Not really, but don't be offended if you get denied for materialistic reasons as well.
xDron3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Preach, wish my girlfriend realised that Petrol / Tax / Insurance / Wear + wear equates to so much more than a bus pass.
(Original post by sinfonietta)
Cars aren't free to maintain. Having a guy drive you about might be saving you money on dates but he's still paying.
pwarner
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
So you basically want an uber driver?
sachinihimara
Rep:
I'm not looking for a chauffeur but like if my boyfriend needs to take like 2 hours with bus times and all everytime we want to hang out its really hard to do anything spontaneously. I dont ask for lifts or anything, he's not my parent lol

(Original post by pwarner)
So you basically want an uber driver?
sachinihimara
Rep:
If we're together all expenses are ours but like paying for taxis means collectively we have to go on cheaper outings as we can't then afford to spend much, and like even just staying in, if he has to pay fares whenever he comes over it gets really expensive and buses are really unreliable in my town.

(Original post by sinfonietta)
Sven_778
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
So why would he need a car, why don't you get one?
xDron3
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Would you split petrol costs?
(Original post by sachinihimara)
I'm not looking for a chauffeur but like if my boyfriend needs to take like 2 hours with bus times and all everytime we want to hang out its really hard to do anything spontaneously. I dont ask for lifts or anything, he's not my parent lol
username4540078
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
That’s nothing. I only date men with JCBs.

That’s a proper digger.
pwarner
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sachinihimara)
But he can just get an uber?
OctoberRain7
Report 2 years ago
Gold diggers date rich people for money. You date guys with cars, which most guys have. So no.
Last edited by OctoberRain7; 2 years ago
The Mogg
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Well considering you seem like you don't care whether they drive a Ferrari or a 1975 Trabant, I'd say you're not so much of a gold digger.
OctoberRain7
Report 2 years ago
I just looked it up, I’ve only heard it used to refer to older people but you are right, the actual definition is only about rich people. I’ll change the post.
Joleee
Report 2 years ago
it's possible to have a car and be a total cheapskate so no

personally i'd rather be the one driving tho, i don't like to be reliant on my date. you drive?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Ignore the banter from friends.
There is nothing wrong with anybody deciding that a partner with access to a car is one of their dating deal-breakers.
You know that things like wealth, snobbery or wanting to be driven around in someone else's luxury car are not relevant to you.
sachinihimara
Rep:
We don't have uber yet in my town and normal taxis are super expensive
(Original post by pwarner)
But he can just get an uber?
sachinihimara
Rep:
I'm trying, I still haven't passed my test but that still wouldn't help with him coming over
(Original post by Sven_778)
So why would he need a car, why don't you get one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did the exam go for you?

Great! (9)
16.98%
Quite well (22)
41.51%
Not so good (13)
24.53%
Terrible! (9)
16.98%

Watched Threads