The Student Room Group

Application for Driving Licence.

I passed my Driving Test and my Examiner took my licence from me. I needed to change the address on my licence, so the examiner told me I needed to fill out the application forms myself. So I went to the post office and completed a D1 from and sent it off with my test pass certificate. I hope I have done everything correctly, will my examiner have sent off my provisional license, or shouldn't he have taken it from me in the first place. It's a very specific issue so if anyone has any clue if I've done everything right or wrong I'd appreciate it! Cheers!
I passed mine 4 days ago, the examiner took my provisional from me and gave me a certificate. He told me that my full license will be sent to my home address within 1-3 weeks, so I didn't have to do anything as he'll sort it all out. The examiner told me to keep the certificate safe until I get my full license and I can use the certificate to drive the car for now.

If you don't get your test pass certificate back from wherever you sent it to and the license gets sent to wrong address then I don't know as you have no proof of passing anymore and you won't be able to get your full license i think but not sure.
Reply 2
It's because of my address change, I needed to send my certificate off due to the fact that I was sending off for my licence myself instead of the examiner. There is a something called a D1 application form. I completed this form to change both my address and send off for my full license. I am reasonably confident o have done it correctly, the instructions are on the back of the test pass certificate.
Reply 3
Original post by RichGalaxy
I passed mine 4 days ago, the examiner took my provisional from me and gave me a certificate. He told me that my full license will be sent to my home address within 1-3 weeks, so I didn't have to do anything as he'll sort it all out. The examiner told me to keep the certificate safe until I get my full license and I can use the certificate to drive the car for now.

If you don't get your test pass certificate back from wherever you sent it to and the license gets sent to wrong address then I don't know as you have no proof of passing anymore and you won't be able to get your full license i think but not sure.

It's because of my address change, I needed to send my certificate off due to the fact that I was sending off for my licence myself instead of the examiner. There is a something called a D1 application form. I completed this form to change both my address and send off for my full license. I am reasonably confident o have done it correctly, the instructions are on the back of the test pass certificate.
Original post by MrMez

Ah then you should be fine you might just have to wait a bit longer than others as you've changed the address and they'll need to process it all.
Reply 5
Original post by MrMez
I passed my Driving Test and my Examiner took my licence from me. I needed to change the address on my licence, so the examiner told me I needed to fill out the application forms myself. So I went to the post office and completed a D1 from and sent it off with my test pass certificate. I hope I have done everything correctly, will my examiner have sent off my provisional license, or shouldn't he have taken it from me in the first place. It's a very specific issue so if anyone has any clue if I've done everything right or wrong I'd appreciate it! Cheers!

Your examiner should NOT have taken your provisional licence.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending