The Student Room Group
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Retakes

If you failed most of your modules in second year can you retake them all? I am worried I am going to have to retake at least one part of most of my modules. I have been working hard for retakes and am confident I would pass them all, but is there a limit on how many modules you can retake? I don't want to have to repeat the year or be kicked out.
Reply 1
From what I learned at my visit to the applicants day (I got an offer from Westminster but I doubt I'm able to get 2 Bs and a C given how badly these exams are going), They might let you retake the exams but probably repeat the year, depending on how well you're doing in general and your results.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
Hi there

If you fail a module you have an automatic right to re-take that module either as a deferral (without penalty) or referral (with penalty). If you have mitigating circumstances you can submit a claim to your Registry Office. If your MI's are approved you will be allowed to come back as a module retriever the following year to repeat your modules without penalty.

If you don't have mitigating circumstances and you retake your failed modules and fail again you will be excluded from your degree as you won't have passed enough modules to progress through to the final year. It is not possible to retake a module you have already passed. Always contact the Registry Office for help and advice.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
Original post by annabelm26
If you failed most of your modules in second year can you retake them all? I am worried I am going to have to retake at least one part of most of my modules. I have been working hard for retakes and am confident I would pass them all, but is there a limit on how many modules you can retake? I don't want to have to repeat the year or be kicked out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending