Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I might end up going here because I won't get the grades for my firm choice
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by tesconyc)
I might end up going here because I won't get the grades for my firm choice
I went to Coventry Uni through clearing after i messed up one of my A-levels, i enjoyed my time their & made same good mates. But i look back on this as a mistake, the Uni is filled with students who are only at Coventry because no other uni will take them, loads of people getting C's & D's and to be frank its probably one of the easiest places to get a 1st because the standards are so low... im actually embarrassed to call myself an alumni of this Uni now as the standards are so low, looking back i should of re-sat my A-levels got some decent grades and gone to a better uni.
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Jesus, did not expect that. What course did you take if you don't mind me asking

I'm doing mechanical engineering and it's like 4th on the guardian league table.
I hope this is not true for all the subjects
(Original post by Anonymous)
I went to Coventry Uni through clearing after i messed up one of my A-levels, i enjoyed my time their & made same good mates. But i look back on this as a mistake, the Uni is filled with students who are only at Coventry because no other uni will take them, loads of people getting C's & D's and to be frank its probably one of the easiest places to get a 1st because the standards are so low... im actually embarrassed to call myself an alumni of this Uni now as the standards are so low, looking back i should of re-sat my A-levels got some decent grades and gone to a better uni.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by tesconyc)
Jesus, did not expect that. What course did you take if you don't mind me asking

I'm doing mechanical engineering and it's like 4th on the guardian league table.
I hope this is not true for all the subjects
I did mechanical engineering as well, i don't regard the Guardian as an honest reflection there are clearly many better mechanical engineering departments.

Yes even mechanical engineering loads of people who are allowed in with grades like BCC and lots of BTEC people... the standards compared to RG unis is quite low imo, i moved Uni for my masters and am glad i did, i just wish i'd re-sat my A-levels rather than go through clearing.

I did have a great time at Coventry, really enjoyed it & made some great friends but I just think the academic standards aren't great its probably one of the easiest places to get a 1st tho, i just think they need more rigorous standards, the actual course content is ok but the exams and CW are done in such a way that everyone can pass and get a good mark rather than actually provide an honest assessment, but i think this undermines the whole system, if anyone can get a 1st it doesnt mean a whole lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (306)
15.13%
The paper was reasonable (1114)
55.09%
Not feeling great about that exam... (442)
21.86%
It was TERRIBLE (160)
7.91%

Watched Threads