Anxious about teachings of mgtow... Watch

hirvosenpena
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys.

Recently, I have been really anxious, depressed and lost from so many mgtow/red pill videos I have seen. I have heard so many horror stories about relationships and marriages, "truths" about female nature (women don't actually care about you unless they can benefit from you, love doesn't exist, all women have possibility to cheat, women are always on look out for "better man" even while in relationship, women can't be trusted, etc.)

What is your opinion on their claims?

I would post multiple links to videos and articles I have seen, but looking trough them all would literally take weeks. So, I suggest just to search mgtow on reddit or youtube (unless you would want me to link some here)

I would really appriciate your opinion on this..
newmanb14
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think their claims are not securely based and they just feel threatened by the concept of feminism.
Last edited by newmanb14; 1 month ago
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Men Getting Triggered Over Women are frankly pathetic people. Their "red pill" stuff is guff, cherry picked "research" (i.e. stuff only run on hookup sites) and bad psychology. It's a shame really, if they'd actually go their own way and it was an actual philosophy of men eschewing traditional relationships in favour of exploration and self development - focused on travelling the world and pursuing hobbies - that'd be great. Instead, they squat in their own forums whining about how women are evil for being independent people. If we were to think of it as the most repulsive Pokémon line ever, they're the evolved form of Incels.
hirvosenpena
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thing is that many of these guys have been in relationships and some even in marriages, but afterwards got ****ed over by their women.

So, I would not really call them incels since most of them have experience.
CouCou22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you'd have to be incredibly naive and ignorant to believe that these don't apply to men aswell? Anyone who thinks that men don't cheat, aren't on the look out for better/hotter women, care about you selflessly (do you think most men would stay with a woman who wasn't giving them sex?) etc etc is living on another plant. There are *****y men and *****y women out there, but these MGTOW and incel men are the most deluded creatures on earth, given that they seem to have absolutely no capacity to look critically and honestly at their own gender. Again, you are DELUDED if you think men don't also do these things.
(Original post by hirvosenpena)
Hi guys.

Recently, I have been really anxious, depressed and lost from so many mgtow/red pill videos I have seen. I have heard so many horror stories about relationships and marriages, "truths" about female nature (women don't actually care about you unless they can benefit from you, love doesn't exist, all women have possibility to cheat, women are always on look out for "better man" even while in relationship, women can't be trusted, etc.)

I would post multiple links to videos and articles I have seen, but looking trough them all would literally take weeks. So, I suggest just to search mgtow on reddit or youtube (unless you would want me to link some here)

londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Utter nonsense.
The internet is full of bizarre conspiracy theorists
The manosphere has plenty of people that have nothing better to do than spew their hate fueled vitriol against the rest of humanity- MGTOW is just one such group.
Don't let their nonsense worry you, just yawn and ignore them.
The same way you would a loud nutter running down the street yelling about how he was abducted by aliens last night or a weirdo waving a banner in your face with the words "THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH, REPENT" written in red felt tip.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bunch of sad ******* cranks that need to give their heads a wobble instead of rebounding their upset into a freak ideology.
Joleee
Report 1 month ago
why are you watching this stuff if it's making you anxious and depressed? stop it right now.

i couldn't care less about mgtow. if they want to go their own way then cool for them. personally i'm not looking for a partner either and haven't been for ages because i'm focusing on my studies and career. it takes a lot of work to study law, compete for jobs etc, and i'm not interested in investing whatever free time i have in a relationship. the difference is mgtow complains about their choice and feels the need to make an announcement about it, like they're being rebellious or punishing the rest of us. there's plenty of men to go around so that's really not the case.
Fujoshi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hirvosenpena)
Hi guys.

From what I've seen mgtow guys (and there are a few women who advocate for it as well) have experienced a very toxic relationship which they're extrapolated out to believing that all women are like that which just isn't the case.

Being aware of the "red flags"/warning signs of a toxic person and relationship and knowing what negative personality traits you can't deal with long-term in a partner are useful points of reference but always keep in mind that most people are a mix of good and bad personality traits and very few women (and men) are like the extreme examples given by the mgtow community.
In other words don't lose hope OP!
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mgtow is two things:

Gay propaganda
A butthurt blogger's weird philosophies have finally been taken too seriously, the Jim Jones of the heterosexual dating world

Mgtow is one of the main reasons why East Asian countries are facing a steady birth rate decline. It ties into their already sky high depression and suicide rate. Men's stress about building a sustainable and substantial life around the world has some of these cupcakes actually blaming and resenting their country's women. It's just mental :lol:
FeteOnTheGround
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
It's a shame really, if they'd actually go their own way and it was an actual philosophy of men eschewing traditional relationships in favour of exploration and self development - focused on travelling the world and pursuing hobbies - that'd be great. Instead, they squat in their own forums whining about how women are evil for being independent people. If we were to think of it as the most repulsive Pokémon line ever, they're the evolved form of Incels.
I really agree with this. I look at these (especially) 17-22 year old kids buying into this weird, distructive philosophy at a time when they're really vulnerable. It teaches them to screw up the connections and trust we need to grow as humans. MGTOW/Incel culture really damages the guys it sucks in, screwing them up to the point that they can't have normal relationships with women, (or other men, who they rank by weird categories). There's just no room for 'life is hard, you'll get hurt, learn to grow'.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
mgtow and this incel movement is the by-product of modern day western society where everyone is told we are equal and should be treated equally and as a human can expect certain basic things.

eg: sex being one of maslow's hierarchy of needs

everyone from a young age expects he will get a gf and have a good dating life if he is a nice person who respects women etc .........but in the west we are living in such superficial times that it can sometimes be difficult or challenging for a man to get the type of female he deems adequate.

You will notice that mgtow and the incel movement only seems to afflict western countries and societies..., aka places big on equality and human rights

In the age of "equality" when people think they arn't getting what they deserve groups form and people rebel. This can be seen in many areas society from tube strikes to 3rd wave feminism. [again, notice 3rd wave feminism mainly seems to afflict western countries and not countries where equality is deemed less important.]

Women tell men looks don't really matter, that race doesn't matter, that they want eg: man with good personality, kind, thoughtful etc ....so men who display those traits and get shafted for the good looking bad boy or constantly end up in the friend zone some may get disgruntled and feel injustice. The "nice guy" has spent 6 mths carrying your handbag like a b**ch and paying for your lunch and being the best friend ever only to be told when he finally works up the courage ask you out that despite these qualities you only see him as a good friend. This happens several times in several various forms with other women and some men start to get disgruntled.

These men band together and start talking about their experiences with each other on the internet, groups start to form. Sometimes even rebellions "elliot rodger ..etc"

The incel movement and mgtow will continue to grow and grow unless western society changes.
These groups are no different from feminism, tube strikes, royal mail strikes, national minimum wage introduction...in that we have been conditioned to believe in fairness, and when people think they are not being treated fairly they form groups and speak out.....
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
CouCou22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Except these men aren't being treated unfairly..............no one is taking away their right to *pursue* women. They are allowed to pursue, however, if they aren't successful, that's down to them. For example, I have the right to try and secure a place in medical school, as I'd like to become a doctor. However, if I'm not successful, can I demand a place, just because I really, really want it? Can I argue that I'm being treated unfairly for not making the requirements? Nope, I don't think so - same goes for women. You can't force people to be with you if they don't want to be - this is very basic stuff.
(Original post by ANM775)
mgtow and this incel movement is the by-product of modern day western society where everyone is told we are equal and should be treated equally and as a human can expect certain basic things.

everyone from a young age expects he will get a gf and have a good dating life if he is a nice person who respects women etc .........but in the west we are living in such superficial times that it can sometimes be difficult or challenging for a man to get the type of female he deems adequate.

You will notice that mgtow and the incel movement only seems to afflict western countries and societies..., aka places big on equality and human rights

In the age of "equality" when people think they arn't getting what they deserve groups form and people rebel. This can be seen in many areas society from tube strikes to 3rd wave feminism. [again, notice 3rd wave feminism mainly seems to afflict western countries and not countries where equality is deemed less important.]

Women tell men looks don't really matter, that race doesn't matter, that they want eg: man with good personality, kind, thoughtful etc ....so men who display those traits and get shafted for the good looking bad boy or constantly end up in the friend zone some may get disgruntled and feel injustice. The "nice guy" has spent 6 mths carrying your handbag like a b**ch and paying for your lunch and being the best friend ever only to be told when he finally works up the courage ask you out that despite these qualities you only see him as a good friend. This happens several times in several various forms with other women and some men start to get disgruntled.

These men band together and start talking about their experiences with each other on the internet, groups start to form. Sometimes even rebellions "elliot rodger ..etc"

The incel movement and mgtow will continue to grow and grow unless western society changes.
These groups are no different from feminism, tube strikes, royal mail strikes, national minimum wage introduction...in that we have been conditioned to believe in fairness, and when people think they are not being treated fairly they form groups and speak out.....
FeteOnTheGround
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(1)
...You will notice that mgtow and the incel movement only seems to afflict western countries and societies..., aka places big on equality and human rights

In the age of "equality" when people think they arn't getting what they deserve groups form and people rebel. This can be seen in many areas society from tube strikes to 3rd wave feminism. [again, notice 3rd wave feminism mainly seems to afflict western countries and not countries where equality is deemed less important.]...

(2)
(1) ... alternate explaination, these are societies that are deeply individualistic, rather than communal.

(2) I've never met a self-respecting guy who will carry around someone's handbag for months, or a self-repecting woman who will let him. Same with paying for food. Sounds like weird 1950s ideas of chivalry to me.
Last edited by FeteOnTheGround; 1 month ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CouCou22)
Except these men aren't being treated unfairly..............no one is taking away their right to *pursue* women. They are allowed to pursue, however, if they aren't successful, that's down to them. For example, I have the right to try and secure a place in medical school, as I'd like to become a doctor. However, if I'm not successful, can I demand a place, just because I really, really want it? Can I argue that I'm being treated unfairly for not making the requirements? Nope, I don't think so - same goes for women. You can't force people to be with you if they don't want to be - this is very basic stuff.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to that. but if you take a quick browse of those sites or have a look at a few videos you will see the men feel very much hard done by in regards to women.

I think some of the stuff they say on those sites definitely has an element or truth, but there is a lot of BS on there as well, and spending too much time on those sites can sometimes corrupt a males mind to the point where he has a really distorted view of reality.

I know a guy who uses such sites and despite being a solid 8+ in looks he is convinced he looks hideous and is hideous to women, and the last time i saw him he just got some minor surgery done, and I haven't spoken to him for quite a while but he was dead set on getting more.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FeteOnTheGround)
(1) ... alternate explaination, these are societies that are deeply individualistic, rather than communal.

(2) I've never met a self-respecting guy who will carry around someone's handbag for months, or a self-repecting woman who will let him. Same with paying for food. Sounds like weird 1950s ideas of chivalry to me.
I was exaggerating slightly on point number two, but there are guys going round buying girls lunches and stuff......
Trotsky's Iceaxe
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They are just losers on the internet who really struggle with women and are really resentful about it.

It's toxic and not something you want to wallow in if you are feeling low.
FeteOnTheGround
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe)
They are just losers on the internet who really struggle with women and are really resentful about it.
Trotsky's Iceaxe uses Occam's Razor
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Interesting analysis.
Although it sounds like you've started believing in a few of the many conspiracy theories circulating around the manosphere.
I think you are wrong about apportioning membership of these sort of manosphere movements solely to western countries/societies and seeking to echo the 'we are the poor eternal victims of women and the rest of society' narrative.

MGTOW and incels are not restricted solely to guys from or living in western countries.
When my best friend was targeted by toxic incels she got plenty of abuse in hindi, persian & kurdish- originating from those located in countries including iran/india/iraq/turkey.

I think that the manosphere (and the most toxic members of it) are more of a symptom of identity politics and a culture of dishonest conspiracy theories.
Along with an angry separatist mentality, hysterical victim centric persecution narrative which classifies disobedience as oppression and will tolerate no disagreement, instant gratification culture that prefers infantile whining/excuses/emotional blackmail to critical thinking/change & progress.
No interest in taking personal responsibility for their lives, no desire to engage with reality or even to move beyond their little echo chamber.
Alpha gent.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The MGTOW movement are simply men awaken to the hypergamic society we live in. As long as loose females continue to mate with a minority of men but except other men to raise their children the MGTOW movement will continue to grow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads