exercising before dinner? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
my schools prom is in about three weeks and i need to get in shape so do i exercise before or after dinner?
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
my schools prom is in about three weeks and i need to get in shape so do i exercise before or after dinner?
About half an hour before, never after. Don't do too much, but do enough to get yourself out of breath and your muscles burning, a few times a day - for instance, when you get up, before lunch, before dinner, and before bed. Fifteen minutes each time should be enough.
gracewb_93
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
If you’re going to exercise after then you need to wait a few hours because I find I feel quite ill if I exercise within about 2 hours after. It’s overall better to exercise before dinner. Also I think (?) that you burn off your food faster if you’ve just exercised because your metabolism will be higher so it will help you lose weight.
Last edited by gracewb_93; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by gracewb_93)
If you’re going to exercise after then you need to wait a few hours because I find I feel quite ill if I exercise within about 2 hours after. It’s overall better to exercise before dinner. Also I think (?) that you burn off your food faster if you’ve just exercised because your metabolism will be higher so it will help you loose weight.
ahh ok thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tootles)
About half an hour before, never after. Don't do too much, but do enough to get yourself out of breath and your muscles burning, a few times a day - for instance, when you get up, before lunch, before dinner, and before bed. Fifteen minutes each time should be enough.
why not afterwards? (just asking)
Tootles
Badges: 20
Report 1 week ago
If you've just eaten, your stomach is more likely to be sensitive to the movements. Not that you'll necessarily make yourself sick - you just might get uncomfortable and not be able to perform at your peak.
Going Back
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Blood and fluids can do one of two things. They can carry oxygen and glucose around your body and muscles in response to strenuous exercise, or they can assist in the functioning of the digestive system. They respond very poorly to being asked to do both. Ever seen an athlete throw up after a race? That illustrates the problem. You will be much happier exercising on an empty stomach.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tootles)
If you've just eaten, your stomach is more likely to be sensitive to the movements. Not that you'll necessarily make yourself sick - you just might get uncomfortable and not be able to perform at your peak.
ahh i see, thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Going Back)
Blood and fluids can do one of two things. They can carry oxygen and glucose around your body and muscles in response to strenuous exercise, or they can assist in the functioning of the digestive system. They respond very poorly to being asked to do both. Ever seen an athlete throw up after a race? That illustrates the problem. You will be much happier exercising on an empty stomach.
never seen an athlete throw up but thanks for the explanation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.3%
The paper was reasonable (1132)
54.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (453)
21.93%
It was TERRIBLE (165)
7.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed