don't know what to do.. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So I am in year 11 and finishing my gcses and I don't know what course to choose for sixth form. I am good at writing essays but I think if it was a 2000 word essay or a 6000 word essay I wouldn't be able to write an essay that long, maybe essays which have no limit and you can write however much you want and I am also good academically. So which course do you think would be most suited to me? A levels or btec?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I am in year 11 and finishing my gcses and I don't know what course to choose for sixth form. I am good at writing essays but I think if it was a 2000 word essay or a 6000 word essay I wouldn't be able to write an essay that long, maybe essays which have no limit and you can write however much you want and I am also good academically. So which course do you think would be most suited to me? A levels or btec?
Does the college/sixth form you are interested in have a taster evening about A-Levels/Btec? This can give you more information about the path and you can talk with the subject teachers in more depth about the courses.

If you are talented academically, I would recommend that you go for A-Levels. It will challenge you more and it opens up a lot more options for you later on. If you are concerned about essay writing, it may seem daunting now, but you will get more practice when it comes to actually studying A-levels and it will come easily to you.
meowoof
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
You will be able to write essays of any length, if you put your mind to it. However, I did all essay based subjects at A level, and wasn't once required to write a 6000 word essay... That's almost dissertation length.

Don't get put off by essay length. It's good to get used to this, otherwise further study will come as a real shock to the system. Do what you're good at, and interested in.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by meowoof)
You will be able to write essays of any length, if you put your mind to it. However, I did all essay based subjects at A level, and wasn't once required to write a 6000 word essay... That's almost dissertation length.

Don't get put off by essay length. It's good to get used to this, otherwise further study will come as a real shock to the system. Do what you're good at, and interested in.
They usually ask you to write 2000 word essays or 6000 word essays in btecs which is why I was asking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (12)
6.42%
They might tell the bully (19)
10.16%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.11%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
37.43%
There's nothing they could do (54)
28.88%

Watched Threads