Uni visits Watch

essaffa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I live in Reading and need to start making decisions about universities, obviously the ranking of a uni is not everything but should play some part in a decision, but going to visit unis seem like so much effort. To visit saint andrews would take over 10 hours on the train for example, but then how can I know if I like the place and the feel and can see myself living there for four years without a visit?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Narrow it down to a number of uni's you genuinally like and would want to go to based on everything you know
That way the only real remaining deciding factor would be the city and the feel of the place rather than too much of the course
essaffa
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
great advice thanks
(Original post by AzureCeleste)
Narrow it down to a number of uni's you genuinally like and would want to go to based on everything you know
That way the only real remaining deciding factor would be the city and the feel of the place rather than too much of the course
Scotney
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It may seem a faff but nothing worse than being stuck in a place you do not like for 3 years! Also if you feel St Sndrews is too far to visit would you feel too far away from home if you went there.
(Original post by essaffa)
I live in Reading and need to start making decisions about universities, obviously the ranking of a uni is not everything but should play some part in a decision, but going to visit unis seem like so much effort. To visit saint andrews would take over 10 hours on the train for example, but then how can I know if I like the place and the feel and can see myself living there for four years without a visit?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads