The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Accountancy & finance and accommodation

I’ve been looking on leaderboards and noticed Leeds beckett is ranked 85th for A+F, I met the course tutors on the open day and they seemed really nice and knowledgeable, however what worries me is how low the ranking is, why is this? I’ve heard some tutors in some subjects aren’t the best and the same with certain subjects at Leeds beckett. This is my insurance choice so it is where I’ll most likely going if my results are lower than my firms requirements.
Finally, what is the best accommodation for 1st year students, I’m social and like to party, I have been to Marsden house and that looked pretty good.
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
I'd say it's probably because of the low entrance requirements. The lecturers are amazing (all the ones that I have at least) as is the social aspect. I think a number of people go here because they can, but don't actually care about doing well so either drop out or just float through with a bad grade. The lecturers do push you do do well, it's just about how well you want to do. If you try hard then you will do really well but if you don't give a ****, then you will just add to the low grades. I think they have to put the entry requirements so low because it is a really new university, so before becoming more prestigious they need to have large numbers of students. All I would say is that don't rely just on leaderboards because they don't show all aspects of a university. I got in through clearing, and was honestly sceptical abut going here but it is the best decision I ever made. In all, a degree is a degree, no matter which university you go to, and future employers really have no judgement over which you go to, unless it is Oxbridge. I really recommend Beckett though, amazing teaching staff and they invest so much money because it is so new, so yeah...
Reply 3
Thankyou Grace :smile: yeah your probably right about the leaderboards thing, can I ask what year you are in? And what accommodation did you stay in first year? I’ve only really looked at marsden :/
Original post by Gracealex2
I'd say it's probably because of the low entrance requirements. The lecturers are amazing (all the ones that I have at least) as is the social aspect. I think a number of people go here because they can, but don't actually care about doing well so either drop out or just float through with a bad grade. The lecturers do push you do do well, it's just about how well you want to do. If you try hard then you will do really well but if you don't give a ****, then you will just add to the low grades. I think they have to put the entry requirements so low because it is a really new university, so before becoming more prestigious they need to have large numbers of students. All I would say is that don't rely just on leaderboards because they don't show all aspects of a university. I got in through clearing, and was honestly sceptical abut going here but it is the best decision I ever made. In all, a degree is a degree, no matter which university you go to, and future employers really have no judgement over which you go to, unless it is Oxbridge. I really recommend Beckett though, amazing teaching staff and they invest so much money because it is so new, so yeah...
I just finished first year. I was in the Plaza and I would say that any accommodations run by Unite are really amazing but I know some people at Marsden who all really like it.
Original post by ZakElliott9
Thankyou Grace :smile: yeah your probably right about the leaderboards thing, can I ask what year you are in? And what accommodation did you stay in first year? I’ve only really looked at marsden :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending