The Student Room Group

Muslim girl: I want a boyfriend but I don't

Scroll to see replies

sh it omg it all makes sense now. thank you, i am forever grateful. Wow you've really opened my eyes. I am legit shook. Can't thank you enough. Again, v. grateful.

I'm currently so shook im in inertia (newtons first law) wow.
Original post by Anonymous
YOU SEE, THINK ABOUT IT. HOW DO YOU SHINE BLACK ON A WHITE BOARD PROJECTOR. YOU DONT. IT LOOKS BLACK BUT IT IS IN FACT WHITE. COUPLE THAT WITH THE NEWTONS THIRD LAW FOR EVERY REACTION THERE IS AN EQUAL AND OPPISITE REACTION. THIS CAN BE INDIRECTLY IMPLIED HERE AND EXPLAINS WHY YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DATE

(please dont be a haram child)
definitely except no guy gives me attention unless i take my hijab off and show my luscious curls.

I know but i like showing off my hair.

Are you who I think you are? :beard:
Original post by Tootles
Are you who I think you are? :beard:

yes
yes

:lol: nice bumping into you :hat2:
back at ya sister :smile:. Yeah i totally relate, I feel like the hijab is actually quite a lewk and looks v. cute

This tho. As a desi/Muslim guy who was raised religious, hijabis have always turned me on more than off, lmao.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Tootles
:lol: nice bumping into you :hat2:

:smile:
I'm an 18 year old muslim girl. I wear the hijab and am religious. I take my religion seriously and i plan to abide by the rules. However, sometimes I just wish I had a boyfriend or was in a relationship. It's difficult because i do get male attention and I've been very close to just caving in. Especially since recently this guy I like broke up with his girlfriend for me (even though he knows very well I'm not allowed to date). Likewise, I like to take care of myself and I work out and eat well so I'm pretty fit and have abs so I wish I could share or show someone lol

any advice or can anyone relate?

there isnt a problem in dating just give a trail to the guy you are with presently
Reply 47
I'm 18 and a guy, know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I think: damn having someone to confide and joke with would be nice. But then I remember that I just need to wait a bit and ISA if I get married I will have a much more blessed life and relationship, which should be long term.
Also I try to avoid being friends with girls as two of the ones I befriended asked me out which was tempting to be honest (as well as making a friendship awkward after that). So no close friendships as it's better safe than sorry, it also makes it easier to stop thinking about that stuff I believe.
So you want a boyfriend but at the same time you don't?
This site seems to have an awful lot of Muslims who wish to date....
cool yeah! I don't have really close friendships but I do talk about football alot and i can't obvs with my girlfriends since they're not interested haha
Original post by Moe_00
I'm 18 and a guy, know exactly how you feel. Sometimes I think: damn having someone to confide and joke with would be nice. But then I remember that I just need to wait a bit and ISA if I get married I will have a much more blessed life and relationship, which should be long term.
Also I try to avoid being friends with girls as two of the ones I befriended asked me out which was tempting to be honest (as well as making a friendship awkward after that). So no close friendships as it's better safe than sorry, it also makes it easier to stop thinking about that stuff I believe.
its the idea, someone to confide in. Its more of a fantasy than reality tbh
Original post by Yasmin1224
So you want a boyfriend but at the same time you don't?
its the idea, someone to confide in. Its more of a fantasy than reality tbh

Sounds like you just need a good friend tbh, guy or girl.
i don't want to date (realistically) but the idea is appealing. Its kind of a fantasy and i wanted to see if anyone else can relate :smile:
Original post by Andrew97
This site seems to have an awful lot of Muslims who wish to date....
I guess so. I have a lot of superficial friends and not many deep / close relationships. But its more about the physical attraction that i crave not just the relationship.
Original post by The_Architect
Sounds like you just need a good friend tbh, guy or girl.
I guess so. I have a lot of superficial friends and not many deep / close relationships. But its more about the physical attraction that i crave not just the relationship.

Fair enough. I'm not really massively religious nowadays, but I know what it's like to be very religious and feeling guilty, and all I can say is that you need to make a decision as to what's worth it more to you. My personal opinion is that there are much bigger sins, Allah is merciful and all that, but again, that's a decision you need to make for yourself.
yeah. I've decided that I'm going to resist these urges as Alhamdulliah Allah knows best and InshaAllah everything will turn out okay. I think i'm strong enough and so is my iman :smile:
Fair enough. I'm not really massively religious nowadays, but I know what it's like to be very religious and feeling guilty, and all I can say is that you need to make a decision as to what's worth it more to you. My personal opinion is that there are much bigger sins, Allah is merciful and all that, but again, that's a decision you need to make for yourself.
yeah. I've decided that I'm going to resist these urges as Alhamdulliah Allah knows best and InshaAllah everything will turn out okay. I think i'm strong enough and so is my iman :smile:

Best of luck.
thanks man
Best of luck.
I mean i don't think our parents wud want us to be in a relationship lool but still I kno ppl that in one. Me as a muslim guy I wud say jus go do it innh buh it really depends on the person still
I'm an 18 year old muslim girl. I wear the hijab and am religious. I take my religion seriously and i plan to abide by the rules. However, sometimes I just wish I had a boyfriend or was in a relationship. It's difficult because i do get male attention and I've been very close to just caving in. Especially since recently this guy I like broke up with his girlfriend for me (even though he knows very well I'm not allowed to date). Likewise, I like to take care of myself and I work out and eat well so I'm pretty fit and have abs so I wish I could share or show someone lol

any advice or can anyone relate?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending