The Student Room Group

Thank you email to your teacher. Weird?

Hi, I'm leaving year 11, is it weird to write an email/letter to your teachers thanking them for what they have done and how they have made the subjects fun etc. I plan on writing emails for 5 teachers thanking them. Is it weird though, 2 of the teachers i don't really speak to, but they have had a positive impact on me. Are emails better than gifts?, and is it weird lmao
Slightly different context in that I teach at university rather than a school, but it's not weird at all. In fact, we teachers really appreciate those kinds of emails. We have admin, lesson planning, marking, teaching, curriculum development etc. and it's an awful lot to do, so an email like that absolutely brightens your teacher's day because you've gone out of your way to say thank you and it really means a lot. I can still recall the emails I've received saying thank you and it's a nice little boost whenever the job gets tough.
I think this is okay and actually really sweet, as long as you got their emails in the correct way, they’ll really appreciate it. But at the same time a handwritten note and small gift might be better for keepsake.
Original post by arghh123
Hi, I'm leaving year 11, is it weird to write an email/letter to your teachers thanking them for what they have done and how they have made the subjects fun etc. I plan on writing emails for 5 teachers thanking them. Is it weird though, 2 of the teachers i don't really speak to, but they have had a positive impact on me. Are emails better than gifts?, and is it weird lmao

Definitely not weird and I am sure they will really appreciate them!
Reply 4
I will def write an email, I'm a shy student though, and they pay more attention to the louder ones in the class, will that be weird or??? Arghh i keep over thinking.
Reply 5
Makes the slog worth it, and is always appreciated.
Some teachers don’t read emails, buy a small gift or flowers.
I will def write an email, I'm a shy student though, and they pay more attention to the louder ones in the class, will that be weird or??? Arghh i keep over thinking.

They pay more attention to the louder ones simply because they require more managing to ensure that lessons run smoothly. It's definitely not weird at all - honestly, they'll be made up to know they've made a difference.

Its fine and will be appreciated, but I would get a card and handwrite the note inside. I think emails are a bit cheap.
no it's a nice gesture
Reply 10
I'll write a card for teachers that I'm close with. Trouble is, the other one I'm not as talkative with and it may be awkward to give them a card out of the blue.
Original post by 999tigger
Its fine and will be appreciated, but I would get a card and handwrite the note inside. I think emails are a bit cheap.
I'll write a card for teachers that I'm close with. Trouble is, the other one I'm not as talkative with and it may be awkward to give them a card out of the blue.

Just leave it in the pigeonhole or simply hand it to them as a surprise. They will be pleased and maybe not the ogre or untalkative as you imagine. If you are shy then its a good boundary pusher.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending