How do double science GCSE exam results work ? Watch

Liv0601102
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I really don’t understand how they chose the two grade you get doing combined science from the six exams you do like what do they combine with what? I do WJEC exam board and sat the first half of my science exams last year and got A A A*, but obviously that was only half of the subject and I don’t even get a full grade for one subject. So this year if I got A A C (I’m expecting bad results for chemistry lol) for my 3 remaining science exams what 2 grades would I end up with and what grades do they combine to get the final two grades ? I’m just don’t understand how they do it, I like to be prepared and have some kind of idea what results I’ll end up with but that’s impossible if I don’t even know how they give the grades, SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN.
Qadeer1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I don't know how WJEC works, but if you sat the new 9-1 linear qualifications you wouldn't have got 3 separate grades for science if you were doing "combined science". With the new linear qualifications, you can't sit half the exam one year and the other half the year after, so the double award grades would be awarded based on your performance in one exam series only (i.e one sitting of all 6 papers).
Liv0601102
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I can’t tell if this makes sense or has just confused me more, I wish my teachers or someone had actually explained how wjec combined science grading works lol or maybe they don’t even know.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You don't get grades for "just two of the three" sciences. You get two grades, which are based on all three sciences (I imagine in roughly even proportion).
Last edited by artful_lounger; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads