Failing an exam Watch

Studentnewcastle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hello,
I have just got my results and I have failed one of the core exams and I am really feeling down atm i never failed anything in my life and I dunno what to do rn
Will that mean I have to repeat The module?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Studentnewcastle)
Hello,
I have just got my results and I have failed one of the core exams and I am really feeling down atm i never failed anything in my life and I dunno what to do rn
Will that mean I have to repeat The module?
Normally it will be a straight resit capped at 40% in the summer. Retakes are normally if you fail again.
Did you have any extenuating circumstances that caused the fail?

It will sink in a bit, have a cry, feel rubbish, chill etc, but your test is just dealing with it properly and not letting a small setback push you off course.
Monikayoungyh
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m sorry to hear that. I think it depends on the course, I’m sure you’ll be fine though. On my course, you can fail two modules and not need to resit. It’s definitely worth contacting your tutor or lecturer and asking what you need to do from here, I’m sure they will be willing to help. Don’t feel down though! You can’t always pass everything, if anything failing makes you stronger in the end
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Studentnewcastle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I feel so down I feel to just quite and drop out I can’t believe after all this hard work I fail it doesn’t make sense to me and I can’t deal with it do u mean they will make me pass even if I failed? What’s the minimum grade required for passing?
(Original post by 999tigger)
Normally it will be a straight resit capped at 40% in the summer. Retakes are normally if you fail again.
Did you have any extenuating circumstances that caused the fail?

It will sink in a bit, have a cry, feel rubbish, chill etc, but your test is just dealing with it properly and not letting a small setback push you off course.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Studentnewcastle)
I feel so down I feel to just quite and drop out I can’t believe after all this hard work I fail it doesn’t make sense to me and I can’t deal with it do u mean they will make me pass even if I failed? What’s the minimum grade required for passing?
Is this Y1. Y2 or Y3 exam?
You need to get some perspective. its just a setback. Are you a quitter or a fighter?
Clearly your hard work wasnt in the right area, so something went wrong and you have to id what that was. Your classmates were able to get past that. Just sleep on it or cry on it and you will have calmed in a few days. Things happen in life and its a test of character how you deal with it.

If its a first fail they normally tell you what the next stage will be. I expect it will be a resit in the summer capped at 40%. If you pass that then you can start in September as normal. 40^ is min for a pass unless you were very close and they decide to award a condoned pass. You can look online or in the student handbook or ask an advisor for the exact rules.

In the scheme of things its not a big deal and can be easily repaired. Quitting uni would be a rather extreme reaction.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads