Day one assessment centre Watch

Mia254
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hey I have an interview for the police Constable role (met police) in September and would be so grateful if I could get tips on how to prepare for it & the experiences that people have had. Also how long was the process & do I need experience?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
WestHam1966
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey!
I had my Day 1 Assessment a few months ago, so may be able to help - firstly, you don’t need any experience - they’re looking for individuals who demonstrate the competencies that are suited to a PC. Make sure you have examples ready to go, where you may have demonstrated these competencies in the past. (I believe the competencies are on one of the documents you receive) Also, I know this is really cliched, but just be yourself - it’s all about demonstrating how you are suitable for the role. And if you feel that you are suitable, you have nothing to worry about .

I’m not gonna lie, it’s a long day - make sure you bring a bottle of water (although there is water available) and some food. You will have breaks of about 10 minutes between each assessment, so you can refuel then. Make sure you get a good night’s sleep beforehand, so you’re physically and mentally ready, and can give it 100% right to the end. Also you won’t be allowed to use your phone (we weren’t on my day 1), so if you plan on having any preparation, make sure it’s printed out for you to read. Finally, I’d make sure you’ve read the documents they sent you thoroughly, so you know what to expect in the assessments, and what they’re looking for in each one. In my opinion, it was actually a really enjoyable day - I found the assessments really interesting and engaging. I was quite nervous to begin with, but when I was walking out I realised that it wasn’t that bad at all - the assessors are very friendly, and they want you to do well just as much as you do. Good luck!
Mia254
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
Thank you so much ! ,you’ve calmed my nerves. How long after did you find out you was successful and how old are you do you mind me asking?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Alejansen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 hours ago
Hi thank you for such helpful explanationWould you mind saying a bit about how the “interview” part was? Thats the bit that scares me the most. Do you have to talk much about yourself? Im terrible at itAlthought I believe Ill be ok with the tasks where a scenario is given Im very bad at talking about myself. Any help will be much appreciated. Im a bit list and dont know how to prepare for it rather than reading the documents
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (210)
14.76%
The paper was reasonable (798)
56.08%
Not feeling great about that exam... (310)
21.78%
It was TERRIBLE (105)
7.38%

Watched Threads