The Student Room Group

whats the worst advice you have been given ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Arcaneballs
I feel great. And by independence, I mean leaving my home country to study abroad, alone.

glad too hear ! it must have been stressful especially if u weren't familiar with the culture language etc
Reply 21
Original post by Arcaneballs
I feel great. And by independence, I mean leaving my home country to study abroad, alone.

thats great ! must have been strange but exciting at first especially if u weren't familiar with the culture , language etc
Original post by Unknown.X2
wtf my guy who says that I hope u r okay and are recovering from your loss stay strong brother

thanks. been almost 5 years and i still hate the skank who said it
Reply 23
Original post by lilTrain
thanks. been almost 5 years and i still hate the skank who said it

people can be like that sometimes saying irrational things but have u told this person how u feel about the situation no point on holding animosity to him it will only make u feel worse
"trust me"

"you can trust her"

"do chemistry for A-Levels" abominable subject 🤮
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Leviathan1611
"trust me"

"you can trust her"

:cheers:

Chemistry can suck arse.
Reply 26
Original post by Leviathan1611
"trust me"

"you can trust her"

what exam board r u doing my guy and what's The part u find the hardest rn
what exam board r u doing my guy and what's The part u find the hardest rn

oh I dropped it after year 12😂😂😂 I did AQA and got a C👌 highest I ever got i think
people can be like that sometimes saying irrational things but have u told this person how u feel about the situation no point on holding animosity to him it will only make u feel worse

i dont talk to her, shes always like that, rude to me and other people. she had so many chances and hasnt changed one bit and still hates me for no reason so making ammends to her is the last thing id ever do and im glad i dont need to see that caked face ever again lol
but thanks for ur concern man :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by lilTrain
i dont talk to her, shes always like that, rude to me and other people. she had so many chances and hasnt changed one bit and still hates me for no reason so making ammends to her is the last thing id ever do and im glad i dont need to see that caked face ever again lol
but thanks for ur concern man :smile:

np my guy n in that case just ignore her then
Reply 30
Original post by AnxiousStudent_1
When I have experienced something unpleasant and people say "it is what it is" to try and help me get over it. Gosh I hate that phrase with a passion.

That's what the rejects on love island say when they get ditched or kicked out the villa lmaoooo.
Be yourself.
that's so disappointing, i am so sorry to hear that :frown:
Original post by Pathway
"just stop thinking about them" - referring to my friends who've died.
worst advice ?

to stop being moody like it's so easy for me to do. I have mental health problems and my mood swings change so fast like it's something I don't even understand and when I was finally opening about my depression to my family, they blamed me and said it's my fault so now I don't tell them anything :smile:
Original post by Mrs.Grey
that's so disappointing, i am so sorry to hear that :frown:

Eh, I've heard other bizarre stuff. My psychiatrist said I should think of them being dead as an experience, lol.
Reply 35
to stop being moody like it's so easy for me to do. I have mental health problems and my mood swings change so fast like it's something I don't even understand and when I was finally opening about my depression to my family, they blamed me and said it's my fault so now I don't tell them anything :smile:

I'm so sorry to hear that it's never your fault no matter what your parents think just know there are thousands going through the same things as u make sure u get the help u deserve stay strong
"Do what will get you a job" (in the context of sacrificing my true interests for employability).

While this sounds like good advice on the surface, it was actually pretty damaging - I spent way too long forcing myself through a vocational degree I hated, all for the sake of being more employable.
'just make a list'.
Said by my biology teacher when I tried to approach someone for the first time about MH stuff
The skies the limit, whenever I try reach for the sky I can't reach it.
Original post by Pathway
Eh, I've heard other bizarre stuff. My psychiatrist said I should think of them being dead as an experience, lol.

I've had so many people die around me and it's taken me over 10 years to get over a family members death, I think I'd honestly hit anyone who would say that to me. Death is painful and bc of experiencing death at a young age, it's made me numb to a lot of things.

Quick Reply

Latest