Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Has anybody used a sun shower before?

I went in one today, I thought it was quite good actually. But basically, the woman told me to have 3 minutes because 1) it was my 1st time and 2) i am fair (apparently lol) does anybody know how long it'll take to actually tan me?

Also, for those people who do use them, do you recommend any products that will help to tan me fairly quickly?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Piz Buin do a sort of tan intensifier thing, which I've heard id pretty good and cheap.

Btw what's a sun shower!?

ReputationRep:
    its just like a sun bed except you stand lol, and they're more powerful that sun beds so you only have like 3-6 mins.

This is what a sun shower looks like

ReputationRep:
    Totally reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOhJMHaMBws

Hope your tan went better than this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LethalBizzle)
    Totally reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOhJMHaMBws

Hope your tan went better than this
    Haha yeah thats is a class clip lol. He had a spray tan though lol, so i won't and don't look like that. A sun shower is just like a sun bed so i'm not actually brown YET but after going a few times, ill start to go brown

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhhh I know those, I just call them standing sun beds lol

Do you tan easily in the normal sun?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terryw)
    How long you tan will depent entirely on you and your skin, everyone tans differently, but for a beginner at 3 minutes (for how many days?) a go lets say twice a week, maybe 3 weeks before you notice a difference.
    I don't use creams, but the woman at the sub bed shop says they make a darker tan.
    I'm only going to go once a week for 3-4 mins at a time. I don't want a really dark tan, i just want a "natural sun glow". The friend i went with was given some lotion or soemthing for her to put on her legs as her legs don't seem to be tanning, so i was thinking something like this, i duno what its called though haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeegan)
    Ohhhhh I know those, I just call them standing sun beds lol

Do you tan easily in the normal sun?
    I tend to go red, then brown, but fairly easily.

Have you been on one?

ReputationRep:
    If you don't tan very well naturally, outside in the sun, it's possible u won't be able to get a good tan in a bed either..

But you could try increasing the amount of time you spend in there by a minute after every two sessions and go 3/4 times a week for about 2/3 weeks and you should get a lovely natural base tan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x Kelly x)
    I tend to go red, then brown, but fairly easily.

Have you been on one?

yup

ReputationRep:
    after your first go did you feel a burning/ tingle the next day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x Kelly x)
    after your first go did you feel a burning/ tingle the next day?

I didn't feel a tingling sensation but I had a little bit of a rash..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meeegan)
    I didn't feel a tingling sensation but I had a little bit of a rash..
    oh right, i hope i dnt get anything haha. Ill see how it is tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    how fair are you? i'm veryyy pale, blonde hair, blue eyes, "summer". and i want to use a standing sun bed near my college to get a tincy bit of colour before going barcelona in mid july, just curious if they work at all for you? did the salon say it might work for you?
    i'm super pale, but go a little sandy if i gt tonnes an tonnes of sun (like, weeks of being outdoors in summer..)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by watermelon sugar)
    how fair are you? i'm veryyy pale, blonde hair, blue eyes, "summer". and i want to use a standing sun bed near my college to get a tincy bit of colour before going barcelona in mid july, just curious if they work at all for you? did the salon say it might work for you?
    i'm super pale, but go a little sandy if i gt tonnes an tonnes of sun (like, weeks of being outdoors in summer..)
    They work for almost everybody. What you do is pay so much for a token and you can have varied minutes, each token is 2 mins, but like i was told to have just 3 minutes, i put both tokens in and waited for a minute before i went into the shower thing. If you are very pale then you'd probably be advised to have just 2 minutes. My sister uses them, and shes the same skin tone, same hair colour etc, we're not twins, but even my dad calls me her name and vice versa, and shes been using them for just over a month and she looks like shes been in spain for 2 weeks, shes realy brown. Take a trip in there and tell them you want to have a started tan for mid july, they'll look at you and see how pale you are and advise you on how many minutes. Another option you could use is a spray tan, but then i don't think you'd tan much in barcelona because unlike the sun shower, its not actualy tanning your skin, its just like shoving a load of coloured lotion on you and i think they only last a couple of weeks, if that.

Edit: I didn't think i was fair until she told me yesterday lol. I have natural brown hair but its more black now, hazel eyes and i can go red in the sun after about 20 minutes and then the sunburn will turn into a brown tan.

But yeah, go and ask them and they'll be able to tell you how many minutes etc to have, if you don't tan very well, you might not be able to tan for july, but it will defo start of your tan, so you'll have a nice tan over in barcelona.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.