OCR A-Level History Democracy and Dictatorships 1919-1963

Watch
1612mjr
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Is anyone else doing the Democracy and Dictatorships Germany 1919-1963 paper tomorrow afternoon? Any ideas what might be on?
ManiaMiah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
dont know
Pannj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not sure tbh, you got any ideas?
Smoothcrimin0l
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did people find it?
Pannj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Smoothcrimin0l)
How did people find it?
Bad
Smoothcrimin0l
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Which question did you do?
(Original post by Pannj)
Bad
Pannj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Which question did you do?
1 wbu
Safzal0332
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
felt sorry for u guys. hate gcse history but a level history requires skill
Smoothcrimin0l
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Q2. Could not have done that allied bombing q, although the GDR wasn't much better
(Original post by Pannj)
1 wbu
osjdhws
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So bad, we haven't even learnt about the GDR domestic policies in class so I was rambling about denazification/democratisation and the Berlin Blockade for the whole essay
Pannj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Q2. Could not have done that allied bombing q, although the GDR wasn't much better
They were both really hard, second 10 marker definitely easiest.

Just want someone else’s view, for the first 20 marker on the Allied bombing negatively affected German citizens or something like that, I agreed that it was the main reason and the other two reasons I offered was the machinery of terror (limited freedom for some citizens) and Nazi racial policies and policies towards women (again limited freedom and Jews targeted as well as homosexuals and killed)
Matt7235
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did Q1 too, I did: bombing, holocaust, war economy/effort and rule by fear/SS rape
(Original post by Pannj)
They were both really hard, second 10 marker definitely easiest.

Just want someone else’s view, for the first 20 marker on the Allied bombing negatively affected German citizens or something like that, I agreed that it was the main reason and the other two reasons I offered was the machinery of terror (limited freedom for some citizens) and Nazi racial policies and policies towards women (again limited freedom and Jews targeted as well as homosexuals and killed)
Pannj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Matt7235)
I did Q1 too, I did: bombing, holocaust, war economy/effort and rule by fear/SS rape
Fair enough so we kind of done a bit similar as we spoke about the fear of the SS as well as I did Gestapo, Courts and concentration camps just the whole terror apparatus. I could use key dates but I guess it did affect people as they lived in fear and if they were to speak out against the regime then they faced problems
Smoothcrimin0l
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, I completely forgot to split into social, economic, and political, and ended up just focusing on the economy and collectivisation, land reform, industrialisation, etc.
(Original post by osjdhws)
So bad, we haven't even learnt about the GDR domestic policies in class so I was rambling about denazification/democratisation and the Berlin Blockade for the whole essay
Pannj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you agree that bombing was the main reason?
Matt7235
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, I talked about the Gestapo and Hitler youth spying on parents for fear and pretty much the same for holocaust
(Original post by Pannj)
Fair enough so we kind of done a bit similar as we spoke about the fear of the SS as well as I did Gestapo, Courts and concentration camps just the whole terror apparatus. I could use key dates but I guess it did affect people as they lived in fear and if they were to speak out against the regime then they faced problems
Pannj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, I talked about the Gestapo and Hitler youth spying on parents for fear and pretty much the same for holocaust
Hopefully it’s all good then, for the 10 marker which did you say was the greatest?
Matt7235
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No I didn't, because it's affect wasn't on whole pop bc it was mainly cities, I said fear/war effort was more important as it affected everyone
(Original post by Pannj)
Did you agree that bombing was the main reason?
Matt7235
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I said economy, bc foreign failed in reunification (and I couldn't think of a economy failure xD)
(Original post by Pannj)
Hopefully it’s all good then, for the 10 marker which did you say was the greatest?
Pannj
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No I didn't, because it's affect wasn't on whole pop bc it was mainly cities, I said fear/war effort was more important as it affected everyone
Fair enough, I argued the opposite and stated that the machinery of terror affected those that were against the Nazi’s mainly as well as racial policies which didn’t affect supporters of the party. I guess it doesn’t matter as long as we argued why we thought what we wrote
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (27)
17.31%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (49)
31.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (15)
9.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
10.26%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.49%
I think it's an unfair expectation (39)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.92%

Watched Threads