How do i apply to university during my gap year? . Help please Watch

amber2106
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I would like to go to Kings university and im predicted to get 2A*s for my a-levels but the problem is due to some circumstances my college thought it would be best for me to only do 2 a levels which means im going to have to take an a level independenty during my gap year if i want to go to university. My question is : if university's decide whether they will accept you from your predicted grades how will they know my predicted grade for my 3rd a level as you have to apply for university quite early and teachers usually decide your predicted grade so how will that work for someone like me who is studying for their alevel independently ?
If anyone has been through the same situation as me or had any advice it would greatly be appreciated 😊
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by amber2106)
I would like to go to Kings university and im predicted to get 2A*s for my a-levels but the problem is due to some circumstances my college thought it would be best for me to only do 2 a levels which means im going to have to take an a level independenty during my gap year if i want to go to university. My question is : if university's decide whether they will accept you from your predicted grades how will they know my predicted grade for my 3rd a level as you have to apply for university quite early and teachers usually decide your predicted grade so how will that work for someone like me who is studying for their alevel independently ?
If anyone has been through the same situation as me or had any advice it would greatly be appreciated 😊
If you were applying for the year in which you got your A level results, then you would only have 2 A levels and that would be insufficient.
You would also have predicted grades and a reference because you would still be at school.

If you did an A level in the gap year following, then you would already have 2 A level results, so you would only need one predicted grade.
You can either ask your old teacher if they will predicted for you based on a conversation you have with them or an employer or sometimes you can pay the test centre. In any event you will have 2 results which is a strong indication , especially if you have A*.

Also if the reason you took only 2 is covered by extenuating circumstances you should make the uni aware of this as sometimes they can make a higher offer if they feel you have delayed too long.
Admit-One
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by amber2106)
If you haven't already, it would be a good idea to check with Kings that they will accept AL's taken over more than one sitting. For more competitive courses, this could disadvantage your application against someone who completed their qualifications over two years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (316)
15.27%
The paper was reasonable (1134)
54.78%
Not feeling great about that exam... (454)
21.93%
It was TERRIBLE (166)
8.02%

Watched Threads