The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths Paper 3 Higher 11th June 2019 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jduxie4414
You can just google it and they’re available online. They used to do it the night before but to stop people worrying too much they now do it on the day

Wouldn't teachers get earlier access to boundaries as they get marks earlier too
Yeah, on results day morning itself after 6am or 8am depending on the exam board because different exam boards release the grade boundaries at different times. After the grade boundaries have been released at 6am or 8am in the morning on results day, all you need to do is to put June 2019 GCSE Grade Boundaries the exam board into google. So if the exam board is AQA just put June 2019 GCSE Grade Boundaries AQA and it will come up. Results Day is on Thursday the 22nd of August 2019 if you didn’t know.
Original post by mjhmichael18
Yeah, on results day morning itself after 6am or 8am depending on the exam board because different exam boards release the grade boundaries at different times. After the grade boundaries have been released at 6am or 8am in the morning on results day, all you need to do is to put June 2019 GCSE Grade Boundaries the exam board into google. So if the exam board is AQA just put June 2019 GCSE Grade Boundaries AQA and it will come up. Results Day is on Thursday the 22nd of August 2019 if you didn’t know.

👍🏼
For the surface area question, I used the wrong formula (2πr^2 +πrh) but I still did the correct working out. Is that 2 out of 5 marks
I think so yeah , I found the volume cause it was taking about paint 😭 would I get any marks it has a bit of the equation of the surface area
Original post by Rabbibil V2
For the surface area question, I used the wrong formula (2πr^2 +πrh) but I still did the correct working out. Is that 2 out of 5 marks
Lol I did the same thing.
Original post by Cecekellyj
I think so yeah , I found the volume cause it was taking about paint 😭 would I get any marks it has a bit of the equation of the surface area
Who said they were ? Most of the people weren’t if the.couple of people you know managed to it doesn’t mean everyone was able to

Yes but if some people were able to they can argue that it was a reasonable paper. I’m not saying that it was but exam boards probably set this a lot why change it now
For the last question, I had worked out the wrong angle ( from Acton to the other place) I used the cosine rule Correctly, but I just worked out the other angle, so out of 5 marks, would it be 3 marks?

Just remember that when you log in to Resultsplus Direct on results day, you will be able see what you scored for EACH question. That will let you know what your process marks are.
Really ?
Original post by Old Woman Sue
Just remember that when you log in to Resultsplus Direct on results day, you will be able see what you scored for EACH question. That will let you know what your process marks are.
I've attached a screenshot from the Edexcel site which should be able to help. See if your place of education has registered. Only Edexcel has this service. I did maths again as a bit of an ego trip (I know, a bit sad at my age!) and the Adult Learning Centre has registered each candidate for this service. It's very good as each question of any edexcel paper you have taken, you will be able to see what mark you got.

Really ?
What’s this ResultsPlus thing? I want to have it but I’ve never heard of it before lmao. How do I get it?
Speak to your exams officer at school. They are the ones that organise it. Google Edexcel Results Plus and you can see what's available. I was surprised when I looked at it as that is how I am getting my maths result.

What’s this ResultsPlus thing? I want to have it but I’ve never heard of it before lmao. How do I get it?
Original post by Old Woman Sue
Speak to your exams officer at school. They are the ones that organise it. Google Edexcel Results Plus and you can see what's available. I was surprised when I looked at it as that is how I am getting my maths result.

So can you see your current GCSE maths papers scores as they are being marked
No. It's 9am on the results day. Every student gets their results on that day. Not before.
Original post by Subsonicsole
So can you see your current GCSE maths papers scores as they are being marked
For the tangent question, I put 3p^2 + p^2 =64( after working out 8 as the radius) I got the answer 4, and I know it is wrong, but would I get 3 out of 4 marks
In the simultaneous equation, I had made one equation 4y=3x-7, and plugged it in (and the equation was x^2 -4y=( a number that I forgot)), then attempted to expand. Would that be at least 2 marks out of 5?
For the tangent question, I put 3p^2 p^2 =64( after working out 8 as the radius) I got the answer 4, and I know it is wrong, but would I get 3 out of 4 marks

Sameeee I ended up 4p^2=64 and then p=4. Hope I get 4 marks. More likely 3 though
(edited 4 years ago)
I don't think it'll be 4, but it should be 3 marks, as we only messed up the ending

Sameeee I ended up 4p^2=64 and then p=4. Hope I get 4 marks. More likely 3 though
Also, for the cylinder question, I had used the surface area formula wrong, as it said it was 2πr^2 + πrh, but done all the other steps correctly. Would it be 2 out of 5 marks?
I’m dreading the Maths grade boundaries!

Quick Reply

Latest