The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths Paper 3 Higher 11th June 2019 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to discuss the maths paper that higher students sat on Tuesday 11th June 2019.

Many students on The Student Room felt there were too many questions for an 1 hour and 30 minute paper. The paper consisted of 23 questions which students were expected to finish in 90 minutes. This meant each question was approximately meant to last 3 minutes in answering. I believe this is not fair. Additionally, many students felt they had made many silly mistakes, which should not be happening at an important time like this.

During the time of our mocks, people on The Student Room have said that they had been predicted a grade 9 in mocks. However, now they feel as if this now unachievable due to the amount of questions and limited time provided.

I know you may not be able to tell us this, but could you give a prediction as to what the grade boundaries are going to be?

Thank you for your time.
LOOOL he posted this before the exam
Original post by LegitDragoNinja
Ur welcome in advance:
1. 2/9
2. £12272.71
5. 162
6. No
9. 10 days
10. 1.8%
13. 1.01g/cm3
14. 36cm
16. 2n2 - 3

19a. 81.066 or something like that
19b. 80
20. x = 5 or 3.4, y = -2 or -0.8
22. 2.5
23. 098.6

note: some may be unreliable as we try to pinpoint question numbers. The answers in bold r confirmed
Original post by ShyB
That exam was horrendous. I am complaining...

Horrendous in what way?
Why on earth did I get 220?
Original post by maisiex10x
i got 210 for the pie chart
The grade boundaries will go down I think paper 1 and 2 were acceptable but paper 3 way too hard
Original post by ShyB
That exam was horrendous. I am complaining...

How is it their fault that you found the exam hard? Even if the exam was objectively hard (even though that is subjective in reality), that just means that the grade boundaries will be lower.

Whatever grade you get is on you.
Reply 786
ahahaqha what did u get my g
Original post by ShyB
At least you got something 😂😂😂😂😂
Btw the last question is from an AQA Further Maths Textbook LOOOL, that question was calm tho ngl
Me lol, i got like 0.997 sth but everybody got 1.01
Original post by Haroon Usman
Who got 1.00 for Density?
-questions were confusing and way too hard..too many for the time given; unfair that the last Q was from an AQA-A level maths
Original post by ShyB
I am writing a letter of complaint to Edexcel regarding paper 3 today - any suggestions?
Can you please check that the 5th mark is for witing 098.6 ? I forgot about the 3 digit and wrote 98.6 thanks
Original post by vishalpitala
Btw the last question is from an AQA Further Maths Textbook LOOOL, that question was calm tho ngl
hahha im so dumb i got 1000 dk from where
Original post by smith.214
Me lol, i got like 0.997 sth but everybody got 1.01
You need to say that the questions were extremely complex for the time given. It's not about how many questions there were. There often is about 23 questions per paper.
Original post by ShyB
To whom it may concern,

I am writing to discuss the maths paper that higher students sat on Tuesday 11th June 2019.

Many students on The Student Room felt there were too many questions for an 1 hour and 30 minute paper. The paper consisted of 23 questions which students were expected to finish in 90 minutes. This meant each question was approximately meant to last 3 minutes in answering. I believe this is not fair. Additionally, many students felt they had made many silly mistakes, which should not be happening at an important time like this.

During the time of our mocks, people on The Student Room have said that they had been predicted a grade 9 in mocks. However, now they feel as if this now unachievable due to the amount of questions and limited time provided.

I know you may not be able to tell us this, but could you give a prediction as to what the grade boundaries are going to be?

Thank you for your time.
Anyone got a reference for that final question in the textbook?
Compiling my own letter.
Original post by dfhsdf
cause they made the questions u dumb fuk suck ur mum

That literally makes no sense. Yes, they made the questions but it isn't their fault if you do poorly out of a lack of revision. Do you honestly think you can complain to the exam board over that - what are you expecting to get in return? How entitled can you be?
Original post by Jasmine_Dstudent
You need to say that the questions were extremely complex for the time given. It's not about how many questions there were. There often is about 23 questions per paper.

Yes. True. Thanks!
They were not hard but just required more thinking. I did not have any time to check my answers

Original post by Tayyeb1322
-questions were confusing and way too hard..too many for the time given; unfair that the last Q was from an AQA-A level maths
Reply 797
Original post by Cecekellyj
Why on earth did I get 220?

same here i got 210
Original post by vishalpitala

Do u have proof
are u dumb?
Original post by ethhannn
I got 2n^2-3 but that doesn't equal -1 for the first term but neither does 2n^2-4n-3

Quick Reply