The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths Paper 3 Higher 11th June 2019 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

A grade 6
Original post by Jmander
Did anyone else struggle with the paper and probably got less than a half in it and in the three papers overall? What grade would 105-120/240 be as an estimate? I'm hoping it would be above a grade 4 and I'm wanting to get a grade 5 or possibly low 6. Do you think my marks are enough to score that and do you think that would even be possible? I know I'm asking multiple questions but I just need a lot to be answered.
so dumb thanks hah.
Original post by LegitDragoNinja
check the thread starter page
I did worse in paper 3 and with everyone talking about how that dragon ninja leaked them prior it really doesn’t help. Also how on earth would you get them🤔
Show proof or we’ll assume you’re lying. Don’t bs If you can’t back it up

Original post by chelseagirl2002
how do u know

Original post by M. Matty
Where?
Original post by Thompp
I did worse in paper 3 and with everyone talking about how that dragon ninja leaked them prior it really doesn’t help. Also how on earth would you get them🤔

i didnt leak them ffs
isnt question 2 on this mark scheme wrong? i swear it asked the interest gained or along those lines so i took it away
Original post by Husna7899
isnt question 2 on this mark scheme wrong? i swear it asked the interest gained or along those lines so i took it away

yh it was interest gained so u had to subtract 200000 from the final total after 4 years
was the paper leaked? You posted this at 5:30 this morning?
It’s acc 0.45 lol
Original post by Lahasa
How do you get 1.8%
You really think so?
Original post by Alisha....
A grade 6
Yes but apparently he then updated it with answers after the exam
Original post by Examsaresad
Original post by runawaytrolley
image-bb4d5d52-f98a-4bfb-8c94-522552f50642142198327-compressed.jpg.jpeg Just looked in my further maths book and here it is

edit: I'm not saying anyone should or shouldn't complain I'm just proving that it's in the book

wtf my mind has been blown. hang on a minute if it was from the further maths why is it in the normal maths paper
Anyone got a link to answers on foundation please ?
Wtf shut up of course it’s enough ignore him
Original post by OmarHam3d
no

For paper 3 I red through someone’s pdf there isn’t a video yet
Original post by M. Matty
Do you mind linking me to a marked paper 3. I found 1,2 on youtube. So far I got 136 in paper 1 and 2, but feel that I mucked up paper 3. My mind went blank and I'm pretty stressed right now :confused:. Thanks
What was the for question 8b
Original post by LegitDragoNinja
Ur welcome in advance:
1a.[diagram]
1b. 2/9
2. £12272.71
3a. 40<h<=50
3b.[diagram]
4. Quarter 1 is missing, y-axis doesn't start from 0 etc...
5. 162
6. No
7. 0.319
8a. She needs to subtract it as she is not finding the hypotenuse
8b. One of the lines is longer than it should be
9. 10 days
10. 1.8%
11a. 130seconds
11b. Increases time taken
12.64^(1/4) is the 4th root of 64, not 64 * 1/4
13. 1.01g/cm3
14. 36cm
15.(-7,-1)
16. 2n2 - 3
17.BADC
18a. [proof]
18b. x<0.4 and x>1.6
19a. 81.0662
19b. 80
20. x = 5 or 3.4, y = -2 or -0.8
22. 2.5
23. 098.6

note: This is an unofficial markscheme it is not the be all and end all. The answers in bold r confirmed to have been proven with working methods and a general consensus of the TSR gcse ppl
user @FirstClassFlop posted some answers with workings https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A-rVySejxVADGNJQI05w2xQ1sxZRD0Lz/view (they got 7, 13, and 17 wrong but everything else is correct afaik)
Could u put an attachment to pdf
Original post by Cecekellyj
Wtf shut up of course it’s enough ignore him

For paper 3 I red through someone’s pdf there isn’t a video yet
If I just got 210 A’s a guess will I get all marks due to ur not being a heavy mark question
Original post by Examsaresad

yh i posted it early so i would be the first one to make the unofficial markscheme and gain the rep, if u notice my next post was after 10:50
For the inequality was it x<0.4 and x>1.6 or 0.4<x<1.6
Could you also link me to a pdf thanks

Quick Reply

Latest