The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths Paper 3 Higher 11th June 2019 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

I found a vid that shows all the answers for the questions, its only an unofficial markscheme it was uploaded today on youtube.kkkk.PNG
(edited 4 years ago)
:adore: Oh my gosh ... I feel so dumb now .. thank you anyway
Original post by __kamran
First you had to find out one of the angles then you had to do cosine rule to find out one of the sides and then you had to do was the sin rule,this way u get 2 sides and 1 angle and you can find the second angle.finally you add 30 because bearings start form clockwise.Hope this helped
How many marks was the pie chart q and how many marks do you think I would get if I wrote 255
Just realised my dumb ass forgot to put a zero in front of the 98.6° for the bearing. How many marks would I lose?
If I get a grade 5 in maths and I want to resit maths gcse to get a higher grade will i be able to retake in november or do i have to wait till next year
Can u send the link, please.
Original post by sonu2003
I found a vid that shows all the answers for the questions, its only an unofficial markscheme it was uploaded today on youtube.kkkk.PNG
Original post by mr_a16
How many marks do you guys think I'll get if I didnt convert litries into cm3 for density question (out of 4)
- ik im a noob lol

same thing i did. I hope we get at least 2 out of 4 Marks. What do you think ? Can we get 3 marks or 4 as 1000 in numerator and 1000 in denominator should cut each other. Time was issue as no time to go back ad checK.
That’ll be well into an 8!!
Original post by moftw
I’m really nervous I won’t get the 8 I need for next year and Uni, I got 167/240 and am literally having a panic attack, calm me down pls.
Original post by Molly.frenchx
That’ll be well into an 8!!

I really hope so
I’m in the same boat as you!! I really want a 6 but I think I’ll just be short :/ do you know approx how many marks you got on each paper? x
Original post by Eli0038
If I get a grade 5 in maths and I want to resit maths gcse to get a higher grade will i be able to retake in november or do i have to wait till next year
Original post by Basic12
Trust me like I thoughts maths was the subject I can get a 9 but after today I feel like I’d get a 7 or somethibg

I just wanna restart for a levels tbh
Original post by imogen28
I rearranged the simpler equation so it was equal to x then substituted it into the quadratic, expanded etc then solved to find the two x values, then put them back into the simpler equation to find the corresponding y values :smile: I did mess up somehow at first so had to redo my workings but eventually I got answers that worked when put into the original equations :lol:

I did exactly that and it gave me the wrong answer, I have re-tried it at home and still didnt get the correct answer using that method, I then tried a different method, where I squared both sides of the simpler equation, which gave a value for 4y^2, which I then put in to the more complex equation. I am going to ask my teacher tomorrow to go through it.
38 paper 1, 35 paper 2, 31 paper 3. How about you? x
I’m in the same boat as you!! I really want a 6 but I think I’ll just be short :/ do you know approx how many marks you got on each paper? x

It's ok - guys love short girls and if it bothers you that much some veg should do the trick

Spoiler

yh, what answer did you get
Original post by pankajarora
same thing i did. I hope we get at least 2 out of 4 Marks. What do you think ? Can we get 3 marks or 4 as 1000 in numerator and 1000 in denominator should cut each other. Time was issue as no time to go back ad checK.
answer was same 1.01 as others . How much we will get then if answer is same ?
Original post by mr_a16
yh, what answer did you get
What are people thoughts on the last question from the further maths aqa textbook i didn't find it too bad you just had to use cosine and sin
People really should complain to edexcel on their website, I got all my friends to and plenty of people on twitter. The paper was a joke lol I got 46 in paper 1 60 in paper 2 and a fat 40 in paper 3...Horrible lol
Reply 1798
Guys i feel like i did really badly in maths overall :frown: do you guys think the grade boundaries will be higher or lower this year?
Original post by ogzzz123
People really should complain to edexcel on their website, I got all my friends to and plenty of people on twitter. The paper was a joke lol I got 46 in paper 1 60 in paper 2 and a fat 40 in paper 3...Horrible lol

You should have enough for a Grade 7 if you got those marks.

Quick Reply

Latest