The Student Room Group

what is the guy equivalent of gamer girl?

I don't mean ''fake'' gamer girls who profit off of the loneliness of guys.

I mean actual gamer girls. The ratio to males is a million to one in many instances so if you're a girl and play video games with other players (not solo), you will have 50 guys crushing on you (this is a tip to females who have a hard time meeting someone).

Is there an equivalent thing for guys? an activity, hobby, interest in which the ratio is massively skewed in favour of guys? I can't think of any.

Scroll to see replies

Choir/dance/drama?
Lumberjack
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I don't mean ''fake'' gamer girls who profit off of the loneliness of guys.

I mean actual gamer girls. The ratio to males is a million to one in many instances so if you're a girl and play video games with other players (not solo), you will have 50 guys crushing on you (this is a tip to females who have a hard time meeting someone).

Is there an equivalent thing for guys? an activity, hobby, interest in which the ratio is massively skewed in favour of guys? I can't think of any.

This isn't the 90's/early 2000s anymore where gaming was almost exclusively a male thing. Times have moved on, and since the NDS and all their marketing with Nintendo dogs and other games more female friendly it's hardly rare at all now for a female to play games. It's still more common with males, but the ratio's are nowhere near as one sided as they once were.

A gamer girl, stereotypically is a slim attractive female in makeup who likes to play games. There is no male equivalent. There is no "gamer guy"

nearest gaming stereotype you're going to get is a WOW player, and we all know what those tend to look like...
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
This isn't the 90's/early 2000s anymore where gaming was almost exclusively a male thing. Times have moved on, and since the NDS and all their marketing with Nintendo dogs and other games more female friendly it's hardly rare at all now for a female to play games. It's still more common with males, but the ratio's are nowhere near as one sided as they once were.

A gamer girl, stereotypically is a slim attractive female in makeup who likes to play games. There is no male equivalent. There is no "gamer guy"

nearest gaming stereotype you're going to get is a WOW player, and we all know what those tend to look like...

its more common but still very rare... in all my games, there is almost never a female in it and when there is, people harass her like crazy. I said not solo games.

and u probably didnt read the op...
A virgin
Reply 6
What he is asking is a different question entirely.
he is asking if there is an activity which guys can do which is primarily dominated by girls that girls would completely crush on him for doing
Original post by ANM775

I wouldn't think there is one. Or at least not one that would typically apply to a straight male ie making them desirable as a mate.

e.g. there's a lot of interest in male beauty influencers and the selling point there is that they are male - but of course the majority (if not all) of them are gay.
Reply 8
Original post by NSRyan
What he is asking is a different question entirely.
he is asking if there is an activity which guys can do which is primarily dominated by girls that girls would completely crush on him for doing

I suggest then he takes up Yoga or something...
Reply 9
its more common but still very rare... in all my games, there is almost never a female in it and when there is, people harass her like crazy. I said not solo games.

and u probably didnt read the op...

You need to pull yourself away from FIFA Football then and start playing games not so stereotypically male

I don't play online, but did view a few livestreams on my ps4 of people playing online and remember a girls voice playing fortnight, and a girls voice playing monster hunter, and I literally viewed only about 5 streams..

A lot of girls who play games online hide behind masculine/unisex usernames and avoid going on mic to avoid this.
Original post by ANM775
You need to pull yourself away from FIFA Football then and start playing games not so stereotypically male

I don't play online, but did view a few livestreams on my ps4 of people playing online and remember a girls voice playing fortnight, and a girls voice playing monster hunter, and I literally viewed only about 5 streams..

thats because of what i said. the ratio is so skewed that girls who stream will be n1 easily entirely because they are girls.

i play wow and i know 2 girls irl who play it as well and they tell me they are drowning in ****. they sometimes lie about their sex so guys wont bother them.

its clear u dont game online.
Original post by sinfonietta
A lot of girls who play games online hide behind masculine/unisex usernames and avoid going on mic to avoid this.

oh i know see my response...
It’s pretty ridiculous how much more attention I get when I’m playing multiplayer on mic with my friends and people realise I’m a girl. Its a turn off to be honest. I just want to be able to play games in peace :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Fermion.
It’s pretty ridiculous how much more attention I get when I’m playing multiplayer on mic with my friends and people realise I’m a girl. Its a turn off to be honest. I just want to be able to play games in peace :smile:

haha i know im sorry we re not civilised beings
Not always the case, I play games online a lot and not all guys are thirsty af. Sure there's the few but most just wanna get on with the game. Just think it's a huge stereotype really.
Reply 16
thats because of what i said. the ratio is so skewed that girls who stream will be n1 easily entirely because they are girls.

i play wow and i know 2 girls irl who play it as well and they tell me they are drowning in ****. they sometimes lie about their sex so guys wont bother them.

WoW is not the sort of game that is gonna attract hot gamer girls or really any girls for that matter.
Original post by ANM775
WoW is not the sort of game that is gonna attract hot gamer girls or really any girls for that matter.

yes it is... i can tell u at least 3 hot girls who stream wow. this thread isnt about that tho...
Reply 18
3 out of a very very saturated game for streamers is nothing compared to IRL and games such as League
yes it is... i can tell u at least 3 hot girls who stream wow. this thread isnt about that tho...
Reply 19
yes it is... i can tell u at least 3 hot girls who stream wow. this thread isnt about that tho…

I meant attract females on any significant scale

try pokemon, the simms [if they do online?]

in fact, go get yourself a switch and use that online because a lot of those games appeal more to women than ps4 games do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending