Turn on thread page Beta

Aspirations? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This might be a dumb question, whatever

I suspect the main aspiration on this academic forum will be money. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with that, except for what derives from it. Call me boring but I just want a big house and a big family. There doesn't seem to be much more appeal in anything else, to be honest.

What ultimately motivates you?

ReputationRep:
    i dont have any huge aspirations.. i want to live a quiet, ethical life surrounded by friends and music.. that is all.

ReputationRep:
    I'd quite like to be a writer one day; money doesn't bother me (as long as I have enough to live to a good standard), but I would like to travel a lot and see different cultures (obviously money will be needed for this!). I'm also not very career-orientated, ie: in terms of convential jobs, getting promotions etc; I would much rather live on my own terms.

ReputationRep:
    happiness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torseor)
    This might be a dumb question, whatever

I suspect the main aspiration on this academic forum will be money. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with that, except for what derives from it. Call me boring but I just want a big house and a big family. There doesn't seem to be much more appeal in anything else, to be honest.

What ultimately motivates you?
    Family and house, yup... that pretty much sums it up for me

ReputationRep:
    Good lifestyle; enjoyable and 'worthwhile' life.

ReputationRep:
    What do I want to?

I want to change lives. I want to, ultimately, run a school for children with Special Educational Needs. I have a very firm plan of how this school should be run. I don't care how I live, as long as I get that far.

ReputationRep:
    i obviously would like enough money to live without the worry of will i be able to afford everything but thats all
    i want however to be happy and enjoy my career, not just for the money

ReputationRep:
    I want to take a dump on the North Pole. Right on it. BAM!

ReputationRep:
    Intellectual challenge.

ReputationRep:
    Live.

ReputationRep:
    Like the person above I want to travel too. I'd love a nice house, preferably one I'd designed (yea i wanna be an architect) and just be able to do the things i like such as art etc. I'd like a family at some point I guess and I'd like to take care of my parents and give them whatever they want - just like they've done for me all these years..

ReputationRep:
    wow, I thort people would have higher aspirations...

I want to affect the lives of people in a good way on a large scale. I've been lucky enough to be blessed with everything I could have possibly imagined at this stage in life, and for that reason I want to help people less fortunate than my self.

Aside from that when I'm older I'd like to settle down with a loving husband and have twins(one girl one boy^^). Now that would make my life complete. Gosh I'm such an idealist.

ReputationRep:
    My only aspirations are money and power, power being the first priority. Although, I've no chance of achieving either, lol.

ReputationRep:
    i'd like to get lost somewhere foreign and weird and do things over

ReputationRep:
    ^Yours is actually really easy to achieve 'tired yet'. Just go to russia and get lost in it's vastness.

ReputationRep:
    I simply want money and all the things that come with. I'm sure I'll find happiness along the way which is important too.

One of my biggest motives is the thought of buying my mum a nice car one day, making sure she has no mortgage to pay and letting her live in luxury basically. It's nice thinking I got my whole life ahead of me with enough time to be successful an share it with family.

ReputationRep:
    The more I think about it the more I want to travel and live in different countries.. I still havent acceptedthat one day I will have to get a full time job and make something of myself!

ReputationRep:
    Travel is good, imagine the fun backpacking around Thailand or somewhere..

ReputationRep:
    NOT money. Money doesn't interest me at all.

I'd rather see everything the world's got to offer, make sure it's cared for, as well as making sure everyone living on it cares for eachother.

Peace out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.