cmcgregor14
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi everybody. I've created this quite early on in the year but hopefully it will be useful for anybody that's wanting to discuss the course or having problems with anything. Good luck to all people sitting AH CS 2020!
CT5555
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
if you do adv H cs this is thread for you.
ask questions
get answers

answer my survey
https://forms.gle/aXpac4SBac11HoSV9
SupNerd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
sup nerd
Illuminousity
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello Everyone!

Here's an update from my progress in AH Computing
There isnt alot to the actual course itself so much of it is pretty much done, i think i could confidently say i could answer all SDD questions in an exam type scenario, same with Computer Systems, Web Design and Database Design.. not so much, the project definitely helped me with Classes and OOP though.

For my Project i am doing a typing test game in python that used tKinter as a GUI Module, and a database to store results, i have seperated each form into different files and have a base GUI file that calls tKinter functions for me when i call my functions, this is so i can make the main.py very clean and not a cluster****, the order goes like this.. input name and choose difficulty -> choose quote in that difficulty category -> type quote.

as soon as you get past that first form a command is sent in sql to retrieve all the quotes in that difficulty category, then the quotes are sorted into objects and appended into an array of objects that store author, book and quote, this will then be given to the next form so that you can choose your quote, after that you do your typing test and send your results.

I plan to have a leaderboards that utilises a bubble sort to make the list go in descending order, then the project idea will meet AH standards, if you see any flaws with this idea please point it out so that i can sort it out in my documentation!

i have so far completed analysis and used some time to get a grasp for tKinter as a module, i know im a bit behind but after these prelims im really want to get going

if anyone needs any help, feel free to ask and ill help the the best of my ability, i really want to guage how everyone else is getting on with this course.

Thanks

MR
pomeranianftw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Illuminousity)
Hello Everyone!

Here's an update from my progress in AH Computing
There isnt alot to the actual course itself so much of it is pretty much done, i think i could confidently say i could answer all SDD questions in an exam type scenario, same with Computer Systems, Web Design and Database Design.. not so much, the project definitely helped me with Classes and OOP though.

For my Project i am doing a typing test game in python that used tKinter as a GUI Module, and a database to store results, i have seperated each form into different files and have a base GUI file that calls tKinter functions for me when i call my functions, this is so i can make the main.py very clean and not a cluster****, the order goes like this.. input name and choose difficulty -> choose quote in that difficulty category -> type quote.

as soon as you get past that first form a command is sent in sql to retrieve all the quotes in that difficulty category, then the quotes are sorted into objects and appended into an array of objects that store author, book and quote, this will then be given to the next form so that you can choose your quote, after that you do your typing test and send your results.

I plan to have a leaderboards that utilises a bubble sort to make the list go in descending order, then the project idea will meet AH standards, if you see any flaws with this idea please point it out so that i can sort it out in my documentation!

i have so far completed analysis and used some time to get a grasp for tKinter as a module, i know im a bit behind but after these prelims im really want to get going

if anyone needs any help, feel free to ask and ill help the the best of my ability, i really want to guage how everyone else is getting on with this course.

Thanks

MR
Web page well easier for project.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.41%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.45%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (91)
38.08%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.55%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise