Juggling uni and work Watch

CMSMITH96
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Does anyone work and study? How many hours do you work? Where do you work? Do you find it difficult? I am leaving full time work to go to Uni in September and was hoping to find a part time job to work around the Uni hours but struggling at the moment and I am not sure just how many hours I could manage? Any help is appreciated!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey :charm:

So during my Undergraduate, I had two part time jobs that worked well for me. I went straight to university from Sixth Form so I can't say I was used to having a full time wage like yourself, but the income I got from the jobs and the student loans certainly helped.

Firstly, I carried on swimming teaching hours I was already doing. These shifts were only ever after school hours so for most days, my classes had finished. I taught in schools/leisure centers that were either close to university or close to my house. The shifts were also never particularly long so I did always have time in the evening for university work or socializing.

Secondly, I was a student ambassador for the University. This was ideal because I would only agree to shifts that I could do. So there was a lot of flexibility for me there!

I know a lot of popular part time uni jobs are in retail or bars, but this didn't suit me as much as the jobs I had. I enjoyed my jobs and the times I worked was really suited to me. I managed to juggle this without too much bother for the three years.

Universities to tend to have a lot of job opportunities for students, whether it is being an ambassador as I was, or working in the library or catering team - it is worth looking into! I had friends who could work as an ambassador like me and also have a job in the library, because the shifts worked around their studies.

I hope you find this useful, any questions, please feel free to give us a shout! :crossedf:

Ste :beard:
(Original post by CMSMITH96)
Does anyone work and study? How many hours do you work? Where do you work? Do you find it difficult? I am leaving full time work to go to Uni in September and was hoping to find a part time job to work around the Uni hours but struggling at the moment and I am not sure just how many hours I could manage? Any help is appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads