The Student Room Group

A-level Paper 2 OCR chemistry 2019 11th June unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

The last one was NMR was a carboxylic acid
Original post by aarks the sharks
Bois,

I think all of you messed up, I go to Eton and all of you are wrong xxx

I got an aldehyde for the structure for the last one btw.

This Ieuan Hughes btw search me up on FB
Original post by MIKESPIKE10
I said to use K2Cr2O7/H+ under distillation conditions and there is only a colour change in one (the alcohol) is this ok?

I'd have thought so, yeah.
I think in the IR spectra there was a broad peak between 2500 and 3300 which corresponds to an OH group in a carboxylic acid
Original post by whitemad12
anyone else not get the structure of the carboxylic acid in the proton NMR!? im panicking but i got the formula right
2.png
Reply 184
Original post by Gc31
What structure did people get on the final 6 marker? Did it matter about the positions on the benzene ring because it didn't give us carbon NMR??

I just assumed they'd be opposite one another but it said there were multiple possible structures to choose from so I'm guessing it didn't matter.
Original post by Hcst
I did but they are saying it is wrong

Same I got this aswell. I dunno how the answer was 22.5g , I fully thought I got it right :frown:
Reply 186
Me too
With the hydrolysis of the ester Q, when hydrolysed using excess OH-, did people say that the Bromine was replaced with a hydroxyl group, on the carboxylic acid?
Got that too
Original post by mitchell.
24018 for 200 molecules of polyester
I got that too lool but everyone else got 22.5g eek
Original post by Tom Ballinger
31.88 I think didn't know what I was doing though
how can mass be 3.6 if ur making 12.75g with a 40% yield?
Original post by chidz1234
Same I got this aswell. I dunno how the answer was 22.5g , I fully thought I got it right :frown:
CH3 has a 2,4- directing effect so conventionally CH(CH3)COOH wouldn't ever be in position 3. But the multiplet didn't have the normal peak for 1,4 substitution on benzene so it wouldn't have been 1, 4 substituted benzene and would've been a 1,2 subbed.
Original post by RedGiant
This was the correct structure, although the -CH3 group on the benzene ring could have been anywhere:

https://imgur.com/nm7XVsX

2.png
Original post by tahir6504
Did anyone get 24018 for the molar mass of the 200 polymer

Yepp. I bet alot of people forgot about the extra OH and H on the ends of the polymer and got 24000 tho.
Yea, the question after asked what reactions happened. So it was substitution and hydrolysis.
Original post by Themclarenoscar
With the hydrolysis of the ester Q, when hydrolysed using excess OH-, did people say that the Bromine was replaced with a hydroxyl group, on the carboxylic acid?
For the last one I got an aldehyde and an alcohol group on the benzene ring
Original post by 12kayase
Click the link below to see the structure:
https://imgur.com/nm7XVsX

You can use bbcode tags to embed the image directly into the OP
Replacing the link above with the direct source of the image in img tags yields the following:

(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 196
Well it wouldn’t be an aldehyde as the molecular formula had to oxygens, and the mass spec had a broad peak at 3000 so yeah
Original post by Sraavya_k
The last one was NMR was a carboxylic acid
Original post by iniinininin

I thought 12.75 was the theoretical wow
Original post by iniinininin

lol
My multiple choice were ADCCDABCAACCA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending