The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No but i have had dreams where i could fly, that was incredible. I really believed i could fly if i tried and it was one of those dreams where you think your awake so i was gutted when i woke up.
beautifullybroken
Do you ever have orgasms in your sleep?

yeah. once. last week. AMAZING. I woke up like during/ just after. it was the coolest dream ever.

and if something makes me fall or jump in my dream, my whole body jumps and i wake up. once i had this dream that i was drowning and couldnt sit up or scream, it was horrible but because i was desperate i forced myself to sit up in my sleep and i woke up being sat up-right and screaming. my household wasnt too pleased. the worst dream was when i dreamt my dad died, and i woke up and tears were streaming down my face and there was a wet patch on my pillow from the tears.

wierd.
indie_couture
lol i always do that. I jolt really violently. xxx

Anorexia? Good on you for starting recovery, I struggled with it too
Reply 63
I'll be honest, I dream every single night.. but it's the free falling dreams which i never seem to forget.. Ever. The experience is amazing..
Yes, I get it a lot. I sometimes also get it when I'm falling to sleep and dreaming (does anybody else get that? I kind of dream but I'm not actually asleep yet. It's odd

Last night I was asleep but i was concsious of me laying in the bed but was also dreaming. It's so weird because I remember in the dream what was happening, then all of a sudden I had that freefall sensation. Can't really explain it. Was quite nice though, it's like adrenaline in a way, the sensation you feel through your entire body of the shock.
Reply 65
I've had loads of freefalling dreams. Their a bit annoyin lol
Reply 66
i used to have the whole freefalling thing more when I was little.
I heard that if you don't wake up when you land you die, but I'm sure it's not true (it's not like anyone has lived to say whether they dreamt that!)
[edit: oh lol that website says it's not true... so don't worry :smile:]
But then don't you always get the whole tripping on the pavement thing when you're just about to go to sleep?

and also... I had a flying dream as well! But i knew I was in a dream and so I decided that I could fly wherever I wanted to. It was fun.
Reply 67
Bit off topic but does anyone ever get a feeling where you put your head down and close your eyes and open your eyes what seems like a second later is actually 8 hours later (or however long you slept)?
I've only had this about two or three times and i really hate is as i feel as though i never slept in the at all afterwards.
Reply 68
violet.
I heard that if you don't wake up when you land you die, but I'm sure it's not true (it's not like anyone has lived to say whether they dreamt that!)
But then don't you always get the whole tripping on the pavement thing when you're just about to go to sleep?

and also... I had a flying dream as well! But i knew I was in a dream and so I decided that I could fly wherever I wanted to. It was fun.

Same lol.. I've been everything from Superman to the Power Rangers... :cool:
Somebody
Heard they're something to do with your body keeping you alive or something. Like it gets confused between sleep and general unconsciousness. Obviously your body doesn't want you to stop breathing so sends shocks to limbs to keep you awake and breathing. I dunno though. Just what I heard somewhere :p:

That's what I've been told about it. That sounds the most believable explanation to me. I only 'freefall' in a dream very rarely though.
Reply 70
The sensation of jolting awake whenever you're kinda drifting off to sleep occurs because your blood pressure has dropped so your brain sends a signal to your body to wake up bringing the pressure back up to an acceptable level. Pretty Cool
yeah i get it, when i'm dozing.. it's awful
Reply 72
I always dream that I'm in a car crashing off a cliff into the sea :s-smilie:
violet.
[edit: oh lol that website says it's not true... so don't worry :smile:]

thats sounds like 'lucid dreaming' when you are aware you're dreaming so can control your dreams...not many people can do that so thats pretty cool, but you can also train yourself to do it.
I think it happens to almost everyone... Kinda fun and thrilling, I reckon :-) but annoying if you were on the verge of deep sleep :P

Somone on this thread says that it could be to do with falling out of trees and someone else said it's the drop in blood pressure.

I read about this somewhere, and what I read said that it's actually because as you fall asleep, your muscles wind down and "shut off", effectively you are paralysed, in a way. Anyway, when you get the jolt or freefall thing, it's because your muscles have pretty much gone to sleep before your brain has - so it's a kind of accidental emergency reflex.

Maybe that is linked to the blood pressure too.

Sleep is weird!
Reply 75
in answer to the questions posed-
yes I have had dreams were I was falling and always wake up with my arms flailing around until I notice that I am in fact very firmly in the middle of my mattress and lower them sheepishly

dream orgasms- yes they are possible but rare enough I think. I have had 2 though, definitely fun dreams. On the other end of the spectrum pregnancy/birth dreams seem to be incredibly common for females...less fun.

thirdly, my weirdest dream has to be waiting for an impending mass flood from a volcano eruption in scotland whilst being chased around an ice-rink by a raptor. take that freud.
Reply 76
I have lots of falling dreams and i can jolt a few times in one night befoe i fall asleep and sleeping. I dont hate it but my jolts can be bit violent.

Worryingly over last few weeks its taken different turn- I now jolt when I knock into something in my dream. Im bit of a clutz and in life i do soemtime walk in to edge of a table and it knocks my hip. But i do that in dreams and that jolts me- also react as if i hit something. Sorta like how your feet move when u think u fell.
Once it happened to me that I was fully asleep and well I was having a dream where my dad was calling my name, and I don't know why, I just suddenly woke up as if he'd just screamed in my ear.
And another time I fell asleep at school, on the desk, and I dreamt that I was walking and then I tripped over, and yeah I woke up and jumped out of the chair. It was so embarrassing, everyone just stared at me!
Reply 78
It happens to me all the time, but it never actually has anything to do with my dreams, like it seems to for most people on here. I don't like that websites 'dream analysis' fluff, I'm sure it's a physical thing. I have died in my sleep before too, I got stabbed and didn't wake up after, I actually died and spent the rest of the dream sort of watching from above...!

Does anyone ever get a sort of state where you're awake but asleep? It sounds like sleepwalking but I looked it up and it isn't...the other day I was still asleep, half dreaming, but I wanted to get up and I didn't know the time, so I crawled/stumbled down the corridor to the clock trying to read it, but of course I couldn't because my eyes were shut and I was getting very annoyed! Wtf!

Also if I've been reading a book before I go to bed, sometimes I try to carry on reading it in my head - i.e. I dream that I'm reading it, though obviously I don't know what's going to happen so I'm making it up somewhere in my head. Eventually I will get annoyed because there's nothing on the next page and I realise that's because I'm dreaming and not really reading it. Weird.
i get r8 scared lool

Latest

Trending

Trending