Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just catched the last couple of minutes of this weeks episode and it said 'X (Jen I think?) sadly lost her life on the way home from filming'....

then the commentator for Channel 4 said it was a joke! Is this an inside joke or something?

Someone fill me in please.

ReputationRep:
    I know, why would they do that??!
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    I was about to start the same thread.

If it was a joke, I didn't get it.

ReputationRep:
    Perhpas it is a 'joke' by and for Derren himself. He's possibly just sat at home atm chuckling to himself at the thought of people going OMG!! A bit like Andy Kaufman perhaps...

ReputationRep:
    Because during the show, she was confronted by a black cat crossing her path, had to walk under a ladder, passed someone on a stairway and broke a mirror as well as some other superstitious things. She herself was superstitious and said something like "what happens if I die tomorrow?" so it was that statement that was being played on.

I personally thought it was funny, but Im a sick puppy

ReputationRep:
    i saw it too, id just flicked over cuz peepshows on now. Its quite weird

ReputationRep:
    it was a joke
    basically what happened was her trick involved her doing alot of supersticious stuff like breaking a mirror, walking under a ladder, seeing a black cat...etc

ReputationRep:
    Ooh if anyone's got Channel Four Plus One they should watch it again and see if it makes any sense second time round?

ReputationRep:
    Aside from that, I'd just like to say, Derren Brown never fails to amaze me with his observations about human behaviour and his ability to predict things

ReputationRep:
    Ok it was the superstition thing. Doo doo doooo

ReputationRep:
    Well during the show the women herself made a comment

"what about of i die on the way home"

obviously it was a joke from there!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I watched this, and genuinely got scared at the end when they said she died. :O
    But then it was ok when it was just a joke...

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys ******ed?
    She said 'I really hope I don't die on the way home' and at the end it said she died on the way home.
    doesn't sound difficult to comprehend to me.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite funny once id gotten over the initial shock, but i still thought its a bit distasteful! Joking about dyings going a bit far from me, but hey, typical derren brown! He's so scary haha

ReputationRep:
    great episode today, that joke was great too. Derren brown is just so funny.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sensitive about death at the moment because 2 of my friends have recently died.

I don't see how anyone could find it funny

ReputationRep:
    Well, sorry if it makes me sick, but when i thought it was a funny joke (and i fell for it - my brother and i were like 'oooh, thats awful').

I love this programme, but i think there haven't been nearly enough tricks this series. Last series was way better, especially when Derren made that woman believe she was dead watching herself being pulled out from a car accident...
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    Damn how did I miss that??

Nice one Derren!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DalekLover)
    Well, sorry if it makes me sick, but when i thought it was a funny joke (and i fell for it - my brother and i were like 'oooh, thats awful').

I love this programme, but i think there haven't been nearly enough tricks this series. Last series was way better, especially when Derren made that woman believe she was dead watching herself being pulled out from a car accident...
    that was the best one by far. so shocking.

ReputationRep:
    she said if you watch it again something like - "what happes if i die on the way home"

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.