The Student Room Group

Ear lobe piercing pain when putting in jewellery after 6 months

Hi! So I got my ears pierced at a tattooist in November, I went there hoping they wouldn’t use a gun but unfortunately they still did. They healed ok, but whenever I put jewellery in they go very red and warm and they hurt the entire time I have the earrings in. I’m not sure what to do. Any ideas?
what kind of jewellery are you putting in and is it different to the material of the earrings you got your ears pierced with?

:fleurdelis:
Reply 2
Unfortunately I was not told what it was that my ears were pierced with, but my best guess is surgical/stainless steel or titanium posts. Again with the jewellery, I’m not quite sure what the material of the hooks are but they are silver coloured and my hoops are a greyish colour on the part that actually goes into your ear. I lost the back of my original studs, so I swapped them for rose gold plated studs and have been having no problems with them so far. I asked a piercer, and she said possibly a nickel allergy but I’ve never reacted this way to necklaces or bracelets before.
Original post by slothi
what kind of jewellery are you putting in and is it different to the material of the earrings you got your ears pierced with?

:fleurdelis:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending