Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I Haven't been well with depression for a couple of years now. but recently I've started seriously deteriorating. I cant get through a full exam, I'm constantly exhausted. I had to have a sleep in the 1st aid room this morning I was so tired. Everything hurts emotionally. its worse than physical pain. I can feel it everywhere, like its in my blood. its even in my tonge, its different to physical pain, but it still hurts. Sometimes I'm literally writhing with it, like you do with REALLY bad period pain. I've been having panic attacks, I really feel like I'm falling apart. I cant cope anymore!!

I'm not really after advice. I;ve tried loads of things, talking therapies (still ongoing), medications, nothing works. I'm not goign to end my life right now... too scared. reply what you want if you want. I just needed to express this somehow

ReputationRep:
    There must be one thing you enjoy in life?

ReputationRep:
    Why would you even think about ending your life anyway? At the end of the day you can have all the therapies, all the medication but what beats depression is what comes from inside from yourself. Just keep trying it'll all come good

ReputationRep:
    I'll tell you the truth. The only way I got through the same things you are describing was through 9 or so months in hospital. Talking therapies are all very well but one or two hours a week isn't going to cut it for the level you're going through in my opinion. I know you want to continue with your studies but if you can, take a year out and get yourself checked in somewhere, at least try and spend a few weeks over the summer. NHS places aren't amazing in general but there are some good places. If you can find the money for the Priory that'd do amazing things. It's like £400 a day for the adult ward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h82think)
    There must be one thing you enjoy in life?
    Things distract me from the pain, take the edge off it, but I rarely enjoy much... I just feel OK about them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    Things distract me from the pain
    What causes you pain?

You don't have to reply, but if I had something in my life that was making me want to kill myself I'd get rid of it!

ReputationRep:
    I dont know. I dont really want to kill myself right now. I just want it all to end. Maybe its why I sleep so much, to get away, pretend I dont exist... and because of the exhaustion

(Original post by Noémie)
    I'll tell you the truth. The only way I got through the same things you are describing was through 9 or so months in hospital. Talking therapies are all very well but one or two hours a week isn't going to cut it for the level you're going through in my opinion. I know you want to continue with your studies but if you can, take a year out and get yourself checked in somewhere, at least try and spend a few weeks over the summer. NHS places aren't amazing in general but there are some good places. If you can find the money for the Priory that'd do amazing things. It's like £400 a day for the adult ward.
    Its probably not sever enough fro that... at least nobody thinks so. My parents in particular think theres not much wrong with me. I find it really really difficult to express things and I finf if I tell my parents much they often use it against me in arguements, like the fact that I need counselling and a psychiatrist, therefore I'm weak

ReputationRep:
    I might be moving out of home soon. My connexions worker has got in contact with an organisation called p3, it gives flatlets and support. I'd get a key worker who I'd see a few times a week. I dont know if I'll do it yet, I'll have to find out exactly what support I'd get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonny_shaw)
    At the end of the day you can have all the therapies, all the medication but what beats depression is what comes from inside from yourself. Just keep trying it'll all come good
    I guess all the psychiatrists and doctors must be wrong. You better tell the NHS your great news, I bet they'd love to save all the money they waste on counselling and drugs. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thud)
    I guess all the psychiatrists and doctors must be wrong. You better tell the NHS your great news, I bet they'd love to save all the money they waste on counselling and drugs. :rolleyes:

Hes right though, psychiatrists and counsellors help you to help yourself, for some people, it just isn't enough

ReputationRep:
    First of all, ((((((Kabloomybuzz))))))

Having been through the struggles of depression and general anxiety disorder (the latter I have under control but am resigned to have to live with it), I really feel for what you're going through right now.

Have you identified any deep-rooted causes to how you're feeling? (I guess the counselling is all part of that process.) How much of this has been caused by exam stress? How much has been caused by peer pressure?

One of the things that I would love to do myself and would love to see open to lots of people is to have the sort of "makeovers" (for want of another phrase) that they have on the US TV show "The Swan" but with less of the vanity and more of a focus on the long term issues rather than short term plastic surgery.

The idea being that they would take you off somewhere that would be residential but not a prison camp, in natural surroundings close to the sea where you can get away from the day-to-day pressures, work out physically, do the counselling at a more intensive rate, have a good and healthy diet and do other activities that can help build your confidence and dare I say it, even learn a new skill or two at the same time.

I hope that the new surroundings and your move out of home will allow you to make some of the changes that will enable you to recover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
    I Haven't been well with depression for a couple of years now. but recently I've started seriously deteriorating. I cant get through a full exam, I'm constantly exhausted. I had to have a sleep in the 1st aid room this morning I was so tired. Everything hurts emotionally. its worse than physical pain. I can feel it everywhere, like its in my blood. its even in my tonge, its different to physical pain, but it still hurts. Sometimes I'm literally writhing with it, like you do with REALLY bad period pain. I've been having panic attacks, I really feel like I'm falling apart. I cant cope anymore!!

I'm not really after advice. I;ve tried loads of things, talking therapies (still ongoing), medications, nothing works. I'm not goign to end my life right now... too scared. reply what you want if you want. I just needed to express this somehow
    i have no idea how to help as i love exams but you have gorgeous eyes and eye/ hair colour combination, really unique. so never mind if you fail exams

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 7, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.