Does anyone else feel horrible when they browse social media? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Any girl you might like is of course going to be with someone else. I feel extremely left out and lonely.
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Any girl you might like is of course going to be with someone else. I feel extremely left out and lonely.
Do not emphasise on looks and appearance.

You can't judge personality on a few posts.

:goodluck:
Last edited by ecolier; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
Do not emphasis on looks and appearance.

You can't judge personality on a few posts.

:goodluck:
I don't understand?
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Discrepancy)
Yes.
how do you manage then? delete them?
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've found that if anything makes you feel unhappy or insecure on social media, unfollow and only fill your feed with things that you want to see and benefit you. Life is too short to feel bad about things you can't control, like other people's lives!

Also, just remember that social media is a curated and carefully chosen parade of what people want you to see - not real life. I know people say this all the time, but it's true, you pick the best bits out and not the things that make you human. Everyone's life has good and bad in it, so just think about that when you're scrolling through

Anonymous #1
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
I've found that if anything makes you feel unhappy or insecure on social media, unfollow and only fill your feed with things that you want to see and benefit you. Life is too short to feel bad about things you can't control, like other people's lives!

Also, just remember that social media is a curated and carefully chosen parade of what people want you to see - not real life. I know people say this all the time, but it's true, you pick the best bits out and not the things that make you human. Everyone's life has good and bad in it, so just think about that when you're scrolling through
Im comparing my ''best'' moments with theirs... I don't have good moments anymore :/
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No.
I don't emotionally invest in social media or have much interest in selfies.
I mainly use it to message friends living abroad, exchange viewpoints with sane law abiding people, find new recipes and enter competitions.
I'm used to social media's unpleasant few- the vicious trolls, conspiracy theories and criminal thugs.
Mock, block or mute.
Discrepancy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how do you manage then? delete them?
I just don’t go on the app
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Im comparing my ''best'' moments with theirs... I don't have good moments anymore :/
I'm really sorry to hear that you feel that you don't have good moments anymore. I'm sure that this won't be the case forever, but I can understand that social media, with it's ability to make you think everyone is leading an incredible life and never have any down days, can make you feel this way. When I was using Instagram, I found that staring at the good things that were happening to others made me feel like the good things that were happening to me weren't good enough - even though they absolutely were!

Maybe try and replace time you would spend scrolling through social media with things that make you feel happy, or things you enjoyed before you started to spend a lot of time on your phone. You might find that doing this will give you some good moments, even if that's not what social media thinks is 'good moment worthy' (i.e. the kind of stuff that only very rarely happens, but people make it look like it happening all the time!). I used to love reading before I spent a lot of time on my phone, and then I stopped reading completely when I had easy access to social media all the time which was a real shame. Now I've cut back on social media (I check FB maybe once every two days and Instagram rarely) I have time to read again, which is a good moment for me!

If you're struggling with feeling down all the time, I'd recommend checking in with someone at school/uni or your parents about how you're feeling. They may be able to help refer you to someone who can support you, or encourage you to have a chat with your doctor. Check out Young Minds as well, they can help you with working out how you're feeling if you don't feel ready to talk to people yet and help with directing you to some support.

Good luck
ltsmith
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
then stop being a slave to social media and go find something worth pursuing that makes you feel good.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not used social media at all. Not interested.
Maddie8232
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Stop browsing social media
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (295)
32.03%
The paper was reasonable (439)
47.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
11.83%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
8.47%

Watched Threads