Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    heya everyone,
    sorry this is the usual help me find clothes story.

well anyways, i would love to wear more dresses and skirts during the day, i am quite a girly person but never really wear them as i dont like my legs, well thighs really!!
    i am just over 5ft 8 and really want dresses/skirts that stop just above the knee ish, i always find it hard to actually find any dresses or skirts like this, because obviously things that stop above the knee on someone that is 5ft 4, wont do the same on me.

if anyone knows where i could find something suitable please give me links or tell me where to look, its kinda hard to tell how long things will be from a model online.

thank you and sorry for the essay
    lex x

ReputationRep:
    loads of the tea dresses around now would be just above the knee or on the knee for 5'8 i reckon. newlook, of courssse + joy + oasis have loads of really pretty dresses about that length
    check asos, everything is on models who look pretty tall, so the clothes will likely fall on them around where they would on you.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that, i shall have a look, the thing i hate about asos is the fact its not a shop where you can go and try it on, i love the look of some of their clothes, they have some fab colours, i just worry things wont look good because of my thighs.. eugh one day i will learn not to worry so much!

thank you!
    x

ReputationRep:
    well.. like you said, you can't really tell online and for different sizes it will be different. I think the answer is really that you've just gotta go have a shopping trip and just try lots on, until you find something you like; saves time/hassle/money of returning stuff bought online, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco have some really pretty knee length dresses, I got one that's white with a red flowery pattern for £18.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for that, shall have a lookies.

lex x

ReputationRep:
    I agree with what those above have said, but shop around in the Tall section too. It's more likely that you'll get clothes that little bit longer. And if you're unsuccessful, footless tights are a good way to cover up and you may feel less self-concious.

ReputationRep:
    i guess its just knowing what suits your body type, as obviously not all kinda of skirts and dresses suit everyone, i shall probs have to go for a big days shopping and just try on a lot of stuff.

thanks

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.