Help, I'm way too shy and it holds me back Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Im very shy when it comes to social media. I have a Facebook account but have always been scared of posting on it, I'l share posts containing humour thats it. I don't know how people have the confidence to just post on. If I try to post something I'm dwelling on and overthinking every word. I can't help it. Anyway I've been a healthcare professional for a year and half now and work in a small team. I don't have any of them on Facebook, a student spent some time with our team and added me so I have her as a 'facebooked friend' but not my colleagues who I've worked with for all this time lol. Im too shy to add them, I've nothing on my profile.

Another thing is all my colleagues have professional twitter accounts, I made one today but obviously have no followers and am not following anyone lol. Im just too shy to add people I'm worried what the first person who accepts my request will think when they are my only follower. I'm not that young anymore like you guys all this is just my personality.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Im very shy when it comes to social media. I have a Facebook account but have always been scared of posting on it, I'l share posts containing humour thats it. I don't know how people have the confidence to just post on. If I try to post something I'm dwelling on and overthinking every word. I can't help it. Anyway I've been a healthcare professional for a year and half now and work in a small team. I don't have any of them on Facebook, a student spent some time with our team and added me so I have her as a 'facebooked friend' but not my colleagues who I've worked with for all this time lol. Im too shy to add them, I've nothing on my profile.

Another thing is all my colleagues have professional twitter accounts, I made one today but obviously have no followers and am not following anyone lol. Im just too shy to add people I'm worried what the first person who accepts my request will think when they are my only follower. I'm not that young anymore like you guys all this is just my personality.
You don't need to have Facebook or be active on it just because other people are. If you don't feel you have anything to post or are worried about how others might perceive you, then don't post. Social media takes up a huge amount of some people's time so you're probably better off without it. If you want something for professional purposes, then LinkedIn is probably better as you just make your profile (similar to a CV) then there is no pressure to post but you can still like and comment on others' posts - you can also follow important people in your field and make connections.
asdfghjkl47
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
If you want a professional 'social media' account, try LinkedIn.
Other than that, it's good practice to not be too open online, because people often leave themselves too exposed to any potential criminal or predatory behaviour. For example, people openly post about the fact that they're on holiday and may also posted a picture of their house that can be recognised, leaving them open to a burglary.
(Original post by Anonymous)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (286)
15.15%
The paper was reasonable (1048)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (409)
21.66%
It was TERRIBLE (145)
7.68%

Watched Threads