I've been punched in the past - how can i defend myself? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I have experienced domestic violence in the past and I wasn't able to defend myself. I have never punched anyone to the extent where I have caused any damage. I feel weak and defenceless, and like I will not be able to defend myself against anyone else in the future. I want to feel strong and empowered. What can I do to ensure my safety? Thanks for listening
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have experienced domestic violence in the past and I wasn't able to defend myself. I have never punched anyone to the extent where I have caused any damage. I feel weak and defenceless, and like I will not be able to defend myself against anyone else in the future. I want to feel strong and empowered. What can I do to ensure my safety? Thanks for listening
Go to self-defence classes.

You need to report domestic violence though, otherwise it will be a never ending cycle.

:goodluck:
username4813690
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
learning self defence is not a way to tackle the situation, u need to report it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Go to self-defence classes.

You need to report domestic violence though, otherwise it will be a never ending cycle.

:goodluck:
(Original post by slothi)
learning self defence is not a way to tackle the situation, u need to report it.
Thank you for the responses, I am planning on moving away from my abusive home environment soon God willing, so I don't know if reporting it will make a difference. I have raised this problem where I was assaulted and have been told that 'these things happen', 'family is family', 'it's in the past', 'forgive'. How do you think i should respond to these responses?
OnlyTheHoliest
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
This may not sound like the best idea or the most conventional advice but if it really comes down to it, it will work. When anyone ever starts violence with you, just let out a little moan and whisper "oh yea daddy, please do it again" he may hit you once more which you then reply with "i'm getting a boner" and then they will leave you alone, anyone who carries on is gay, and thats gay.
RichPiana
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by slothi)
*getting punched up by someone*
“Hey wait, gimme a sec will ya? I need to call the child abuse line and report you.”
username4813690
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
ok literally get off tsr this is a serious situation, stop being an insensitive prick. this is someone's real life situation.
(Original post by OnlyTheHoliest)
This may not sound like the best idea or the most conventional advice but if it really comes down to it, it will work. When anyone ever starts violence with you, just let out a little moan and whisper "oh yea daddy, please do it again" he may hit you once more which you then reply with "i'm getting a boner" and then they will leave you alone, anyone who carries on is gay, and thats gay.
username4813690
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by RichPiana)
*getting punched up by someone*
“Hey wait, gimme a sec will ya? I need to call the child abuse line and report you.”
not what i'm saying at all. i'm saying they should've reported it after it happened last time instead of just learning self defence INSTEAD because that won't help the ultimate problem we are dealing with here.
its_sean
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
First of all report it, stuff like this should never happen and those who do need to be brought to justice.

Start studying a martial art, like Boxing or Brazilian jiu-jitsu or even MMA for a mix of a few, It's not just about learning to fight and defend yourself. It's about the confidence boost you will get from doing so and the knowledge you can protect yourself if, god forbid, something along the lines of this happens again.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
By acquiring a time-machine.
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
As another user stated, you need to report domestic violence.

In general, you can take self-defense classes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (449)
18.96%
The paper was reasonable (1105)
46.66%
Not feeling great about that exam... (520)
21.96%
It was TERRIBLE (294)
12.42%

Watched Threads