?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What will the maths edexcel higher grade boundaries be
OnlyTheHoliest
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So my uncle has a friend who works at edexcel, and they've already marked a few of the papers and he said it would be 85% for a 6, apparently the papers were really well done this year. Hope this helps!
ErykJ
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by OnlyTheHoliest)
So my uncle has a friend who works at edexcel, and they've already marked a few of the papers and he said it would be 85% for a 6, apparently the papers were really well done this year. Hope this helps!
MannJ Ignore this guy, he's trolling.. The final say is there is no way to find out the grade boundaries until 8am on results day if I am right.
Hazzabear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's impossible to know already.. firstly, the last GCSE maths paper was only done today at 9 am, and then all papers must be scanned and marked. In under 11 hours? And secondly, if he was someone who worked apart of Edexcel, he would be fired for discussing this with you. I like your trolling skills, very skillful.
However, to the thread starter, it's impossible again to know the grade boundaries for the 2019 exams, because they fluctuate each year (+/-). But you'll be able to find last years grade boundaries for all Edexcel exams: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...Boundaries.pdf
Hope this helps, good luck with the rest of your exams
(Original post by OnlyTheHoliest)
Samer Hamadeh
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
It's impossible to know already.. firstly, the last GCSE maths paper was only done today at 9 am, and then all papers must be scanned and marked. In under 11 hours? And secondly, if he was someone who worked apart of Edexcel, he would be fired for discussing this with you. I like your trolling skills, very skillful.
However, to the thread starter, it's impossible again to know the grade boundaries for the 2019 exams, because they fluctuate each year (+/-). But you'll be able to find last years grade boundaries for all Edexcel exams: https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...Boundaries.pdf
Hope this helps, good luck with the rest of your exams
Everyone always says the examiners could only increase the marks by 10 marks maximum but last year the grade boundaries went up by 15 marks from 2017 to 2018 for higher. Do you think they could go back down by 15 marks or at least 10 marks because the 2019 papers were considerably harder than the 2018 papers?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
grade boundaries'll vary each year but not massively usually. i'd expect them to go up a little because you're a few years into the new spec now, but the paper might have been answered poorly this year so who knows:dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.99%
No I am happy with my course choice (400)
57.06%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (99)
14.12%

Watched Threads