Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I'm applying for a part-time job at Waitrose, and on the (online) application formI must enter 2 referees.
    You must have known them for 3 years and it tells you to provide an academic and/or personal referee if you have less than 5 years employment history (as I do)

For one referee I have forwarded a teacher at my school but am stumped on the second - could I use another teacher? and what exactly does 'personal referee' mean??

many thanks in advance! (although chances are I will thank your replies which renders that somewhat useless? perhaps I confuse easily haha)

ReputationRep:
    Personal referee usually means someone you've worked with in a non work environment, for example: a troop leader in the scouts, or a friend. Non relative.

ReputationRep:
    So I COULD ask one of my friends? I just thought perhaps they would think close friends are more likely to BS and thus could lose some credibility...
    and thankyou for the quick reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth N)
    So I COULD ask one of my friends? I just thought perhaps they would think close friends are more likely to BS and thus could lose some credibility...
    and thankyou for the quick reply
    Try asking an older friend like one of your mums friends or something a close personal friend of the family.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yeah they meant older friends, not someone your own age.

ReputationRep:
    a friend of your parents who has a "profession" (teacher, police, lawyer, doctor, etc are usually good ones!) would do. or maybe the a parent of one of your friends, if you know them well enough. or even a neighbour.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.