Panos 3k
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello guys,

Im studying economics in Greece and I would like to go for a master in business analytics in UK. In particular im planning to find a job as a consultant afterwards.

I have an IELTS score with 6.5 overall. So, there is the dilemma... I will chose Strathclyde or I will sit again for the ielts exams ? ( Manchester demands 7 )

Are there differences between reputation, employability and first salary between them ?

Lastly the Strathclyde's programme namely business analisis and consulting has very dood links with top companies and supplys a 3-week workshop in a company. So Strathclyde's programme seems very interesting but I think that Manchester's one is more well know.

If someone knows something about these programmes or other options in business analytics, please help!!

Thank you
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
fairytalegonebad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you want to get a job as a consultant in Greece, you need to study in a greek Uni,as they prefer to hire people who do MScs in Athens. And to kind of know people...
If you want to stay in UK, then, whichever uni does the trick. They are both good unis.
Panos 3k
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you for your response... Actually I would prefer to work in the UK or USA very after my graduation and after some years I would like to return back in Greece. Graduates from UK Unis have a good advantage in Greece but I don't know if these unis are popular outside UK.
(Original post by fairytalegonebad)
If you want to get a job as a consultant in Greece, you need to study in a greek Uni,as they prefer to hire people who do MScs in Athens. And to kind of know people...
If you want to stay in UK, then, whichever uni does the trick. They are both good unis.
fairytalegonebad
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you have US citizenship? Cos if you dont, its really difficult to go there.
Greece does not value good UK unis. They dont know them. The recruiters in greek companies are, most of them, 22 year olds. They only know SOME unis in London. They prefer to hear 'University of East London', than York or St Andrews. They dont know these. And as you know, in Greece, its all about who you know. Not the unis you graduated from. You will also need to refresh your english a bit, which will happen during your masters, but you need to speak the local language really well to be able to aim for top consulting firms.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (27)
13.17%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.83%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.39%
I need help with my personal statement (85)
41.46%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (51)
24.88%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.46%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (16)
7.8%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed