?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Bump.
Last edited by Jcat894; 1 year ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jcat894)
I know I’ve flopped all my a level exams. Not because I haven’t revised - I did. But I burnt out last month to a point where I have lost motivation. My plan is to take a gap year and retake.

My question is: when you reapply through UCAS, Do your teachers use your real A level grades to predict or do they keep the predicted grades they originally gave you?

For example, I was originally predicted ABB.
If (for example) I achieve BCD on results day, Does that mean they will predict me lower grades when I reapply?

Because i want to change my course to Psychology which Means I need at least AAA. I don’t want my real a Levels to hinder my re applying process because I know I can achieve them.

Any advice?
Up to your referee. They cna take your A level actual grades into account or they cna accept you burnt out and are capable of more.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
I know I’ve flopped all my a level exams. Not because I haven’t revised - I did. But I burnt out last month to a point where I have lost motivation. My plan is to take a gap year and retake.

My question is: when you reapply through UCAS, Do your teachers use your real A level grades to predict or do they keep the predicted grades they originally gave you?

If (for example) I achieve BCD on results day, Does that mean they will predict me lower grades when I reapply?

Because i want to change my course to Psychology which Means I need at least AAA. I don’t want my real a Levels to hinder my re applying process because I know I can achieve them.

Any advice?
Up to your referee. They can take your A level actual grades into account or they can accept you burnt out and are capable of more.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Any advice?
You will have to declare the A level grades you achieve this year on your new UCAS form so the unis will see what you got this year. However, in their reference, your referee could stress that you had problems with stress and are capable of achieving more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (9)
37.5%
No - I have already returned home (4)
16.67%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (6)
25%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (1)
4.17%
No - I live at home during term anyway (4)
16.67%

Watched Threads