Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Idk if it is because of my AS exams I had last month but for the last couple of months I've just being feeling FULLY drained . Like I'm always so tired and have no energy at all for the whole day . I'll literally have 10 hours of sleep on the weekend and 8 on a school day but will still feel like a zombie . I can't focus in lessons or anything ugh idk
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Idk if it is because of my AS exams I had last month but for the last couple of months I've just being feeling FULLY drained . Like I'm always so tired and have no energy at all for the whole day . I'll literally have 10 hours of sleep on the weekend and 8 on a school day but will still feel like a zombie . I can't focus in lessons or anything ugh idk
go and see your doctor, it could be something really simple like a vitamin deficiency.
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
That sounds pretty tough. What sort of times are you getting up and going to bed? You might find it interesting to look into circadian rhythms (which are quite different in teenagers) to see if there is something you could be doing differently. Young people do need around 9 or more hours of sleep per night, so it may just be that you're not getting quite enough during the week and then getting up early for school is disrupting your circadian rhythm.

Obviously stress also plays a massive part in your sleep quality and how well you feel generally. Is there someone you can talk to about stress and how your exams may be affecting you?
Anonymous #1
They only do same day bookings and whenever I phone them on the day they say they are fully booked . I'm gonna look into changing my GP
(Original post by claireestelle)
go and see your doctor, it could be something really simple like a vitamin deficiency.
Anonymous #1
I've just started this topic in psychology omg . No but really I sleep A lot like 10 hours a day if I sleep in the day as well but I always get nearly 9 hours sleep . I'm just fully tired all the time I think it is because if stress I've just finished mocks and now college is shoving UCAS at us forcing us to start our personal statements
(Original post by Charlotte's Web)
That sounds pretty tough. What sort of times are you getting up and going to bed? You might find it interesting to look into circadian rhythms (which are quite different in teenagers) to see if there is something you could be doing differently. Young people do need around 9 or more hours of sleep per night, so it may just be that you're not getting quite enough during the week and then getting up early for school is disrupting your circadian rhythm.

Obviously stress also plays a massive part in your sleep quality and how well you feel generally. Is there someone you can talk to about stress and how your exams may be affecting you?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They only do same day bookings and whenever I phone them on the day they say they are fully booked . I'm gonna look into changing my GP
look at reviews on nhs choices to help you pick one
Anonymous #1
Will do . Thank-you
(Original post by claireestelle)
look at reviews on nhs choices to help you pick one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (20)
31.75%
No (43)
68.25%

Watched Threads