Not getting enough likes on Instagram Watch

joe goldberg
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I have 240 odd followers yet on my posts I get no more likes than 25 on average which is amazing because on average my story gets over 100 views yet I don’t get enough likes. There are a lot of people who follow me but never like my pictures and some people like my one post but not the next one
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Fermion.
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Upload a nude
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Honestly doesn't really matter. You need to switch off the mentality about collecting virtual likes and focus on posting the things you enjoy. Yeah, likes are a bonus but you need other motivations to post.
HoldThisL
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you are the problem
sherlockfan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
who cares.
fikayomipeters
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You shouldn't really care about likes that much they really don't mean anything. Almost everyone has a disproportionate amount of likes to followers anyway/ even celebrities with millions of followers only get a few hundred thousand likes.
**** happens
joe goldberg
Rep:
?
Liking your posts means that person likes you as a person and especially if it’s from a girl, it’s a hint of a crush
fikayomipeters
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if your crush isn't liking your pictures, either you post boring things or she genuinely doesn't like you... you should just move on
(Original post by joe goldberg)
Liking your posts means that person likes you as a person and especially if it’s from a girl, it’s a hint of a crush
Jackaleksandr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm pretty sure the standard is around 10% of your following interacts with your stuff, so 25 likes seems about right. I don't get why you're worked up over it, tbh
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
go buy likes if you care so much

i had 1k followers and was getting 200 likes. 13 year old me was rlly worrying about **** like that. it makes you insecure.
Last edited by CHANELDIAMONDS; 1 week ago
JoeTSR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fikayomipeters)
if your crush isn't liking your pictures, either you post boring things or she genuinely doesn't like you... you should just move on
What a load of shite.
fikayomipeters
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
how so? lol
(Original post by JoeTSR)
What a load of shite.
joe goldberg
Rep:
?
So people here want me to post Einstein’s formulas on Instagram?
JoeTSR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by fikayomipeters)
how so? lol
People do all kinds of things when they like someone. Some like everything they post, others avoid liking anything because they're shy or don't want to seem too keen. Some will approach you, sit on your lap, take the lead, others will avoid talking to you or won't say anything around you. Some will be flirty and playful towards you, others will do the exact opposite (the thing of pulling the hair of someone you like isn't just fiction). I think I've experienced every one of these at least once (and most of the time, I was completely oblivious - even some of the really forthright things I've dismissed as them just being friendly).

Always assume interest until shown otherwise, be confident, say what you want, and know how to ask for it. Trust me, it's a million times better to try and be rejected than to not try and kick yourself years later.
Zamestaneh
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I never post on Instagram anymore because it is not sincere passion for my own content - it is a narcissistic chasing of likes like someone seeking attention rather than making a positive change or impact on the audience. If I have something good to contribute which can educate my audience, then I will share it, otherwise if you want to chase likes, it is a sad waste of life, and perhaps resolving childhood issues which create a need for attention or feeling of acceptance would be a more fruitful investment of time and resources than managing an account.
Last edited by Zamestaneh; 1 week ago
fikayomipeters
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
ok. I get that BUT I replied to what the OP said. And they said and I quote "Liking your posts means that person likes you as a person and especially if it’s from a girl, it’s a hint of a crush"

that has nothing to do with what I personally believe or what is 'true'. I can only speak on behalf of myself, not on behalf of all girls.
(Original post by JoeTSR)
People do all kinds of things when they like someone. Some like everything they post, others avoid liking anything because they're shy or don't want to seem too keen. Some will approach you, sit on your lap, take the lead, others will avoid talking to you or won't say anything around you. Some will be flirty and playful towards you, others will do the exact opposite (the thing of pulling the hair of someone you like isn't just fiction). I think I've experienced every one of these at least once (and most of the time, I was completely oblivious - even some of the really forthright things I've dismissed as them just being friendly).

Always assume interest until shown otherwise, be confident, say what you want, and know how to ask for it. Trust me, it's a million times better to try and be rejected than to not try and kick yourself years later.
LizieM
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I have 240 odd followers yet on my posts I get no more likes than 25 on average which is amazing because on average my story gets over 100 views yet I don’t get enough likes. There are a lot of people who follow me but never like my pictures and some people like my one post but not the next one
Why should it matter, it’s just an app. Delete it if you are getting this worked up about it.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Like everyone else has said here, no one cares, honestly. The most I get on my fb pp is approx. 4 likes - I just don't care about it anymore.
kritsinghania
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
If your account is public maybe you should try and chose your hash tags wisely.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Are you serious?
If so- you are way too emotionally invested in online likes and are seeking to improve your self esteem by means of validation of yourself through attention from online audience.
My instagram toy animal collection get more social media likes than I do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads