November resit Watch

Rizen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
If i resat maths in November to get a 6 for the course i want to do, would i have to wait until September 2020 to start or would i start after i get my results back?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Which course do you hope to do? You need to speak to the course provider to ask if they’ll let you start the course while resitting maths gcse
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rizen)
If i resat maths in November to get a 6 for the course i want to do, would i have to wait until September 2020 to start or would i start after i get my results back?
Assuming you are a uk student if you can’t do the A level or BTEC level 3 courses you want to do without a 6 at gcse you would almost certainly not be accepted to start them after resit results in January. You would be too far behind the other students. You would most likely have to start in the next school year.. Don’t assume anything though. You would need to talk to the school/college in August when you have your results. If you are close to the requirement and get great results in other subjects they might relax their entry requirements.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have a talk to your college, some will accept a person on a course as long as they are doing a resit. As for adult educational colleges (18 and o ver), their assessments to start courses are from now onwards. You would usually have to go in and sit a computerised assessment to see what level you are at and then be accepted on the course. If you get below a 4/C you get both maths and English language free as the Government pays for those until you get 4 and above.

I've been in class with students who have been doing maths and English courses and still need their 4 grades for their other college courses. One lady was even doing a psych degree and needed her 4 Maths etc.
Rizen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I should be getting 7s in all other subjects and a few marks off a 6 for maths if grade boundaries go up. Would the consider accepting me if I didn't get the 6 in maths?
(Original post by gdunne42)
Assuming you are a uk student if you can’t do the A level or BTEC level 3 courses you want to do without a 6 at gcse you would almost certainly not be accepted to start them after resit results in January. You would be too far behind the other students. You would most likely have to start in the next school year.. Don’t assume anything though. You would need to talk to the school/college in August when you have your results. If you are close to the requirement and get great results in other subjects they might relax their entry requirements.
SansaStark#queen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i think u can resit in november if the exam board allows it, or in june when the summer exams take place
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Rizen)
I should be getting 7s in all other subjects and a few marks off a 6 for maths if grade boundaries go up. Would the consider accepting me if I didn't get the 6 in maths?
Depends on the school but there is a good chance they will.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (295)
32.03%
The paper was reasonable (439)
47.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
11.83%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
8.47%

Watched Threads