English speaking exam. Watch

XpertShadow
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
okay so I have a speech block/stutter bit have my English speech presentation in 2 weeks. I have been told that we are doing it in front of the whole class. What should I do?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
LucyH2001
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
practice lots- practice with friends/family and try to get more comfortable with the presentation so it hopefully makes it easier when it comes to the day. Perhaps talk to your teacher and explain if you're feeling anxious about it. Try not to worry too much either public speaking is nerve wracking but it's good experience in the long run.

good luck! I hope it goes well
XpertShadow
Rep:
?
thanks! would it be possible for me to do it with my teacher 1 to. 1 instead?
LucyH2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not sure if it would be 1-1, if it's the same as my GCSE speaking I had a couple of years ago, I think it's supposed to be a group presentation. However, if the idea of the entire class worries you, you could always ask to do it in a smaller group. My speaking group had around 4 other people in it. Smaller groups, made up of people you're comfortable with, could be a good compromise
(Original post by XpertShadow)
thanks! would it be possible for me to do it with my teacher 1 to. 1 instead?
Jeff246
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
we did ours like 2 months ago
Purdy7
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I would have a word with your teacher, as you should have got some leeway due to your speech problems. The presentation needs class questions at the end, so you would need to do it in front of some people. Just take your time, include technical lingo, don't use flashcards if you can and you'll be fine.
XpertShadow
Rep:
?
thanks everyone
StarWinchester
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
if you ask, I'm sure they'd let you do it 1-1 or with a smaller group of people. Quite a few people I know did this. Part of the grade comes from you handling unknown questions that the class or teacher ask so as long as there is at least one other person to ask you questions it should be fine to do it 1-1 as long as the teacher agrees :-)
XpertShadow
Rep:
?
oh that sounds much better. thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (295)
32.03%
The paper was reasonable (439)
47.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
11.83%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
8.47%

Watched Threads