How maintance loan effects housing benefit? Watch

STM2018
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Morning all,
I started university 2018 for a 3 year adult nursing course. I applied for all that I could claim; tuition fees, maintenance loan, parents education grant and disability grant.
I was informed at the start that all does not directly effect tax credits nor housing benefit and council tax however I now have conflicting information about housing benefits. Does maintance loan effect housing benefit?
A little about myself: I live with my self-employed partner with a teenage daughter. I do not work. We rent which is currently paid mostly by housing benefit, we claim child tax and working tax too. The HB and CT is in my partners name.
I have booked an appointment with the student finance team at university but that's next week so I'm panicking.

Thank you for any advice.

Xx
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by STM2018)
Morning all,
I started university 2018 for a 3 year adult nursing course. I applied for all that I could claim; tuition fees, maintenance loan, parents education grant and disability grant.
I was informed at the start that all does not directly effect tax credits nor housing benefit and council tax however I now have conflicting information about housing benefits. Does maintance loan effect housing benefit?
A little about myself: I live with my self-employed partner with a teenage daughter. I do not work. We rent which is currently paid mostly by housing benefit, we claim child tax and working tax too. The HB and CT is in my partners name.
I have booked an appointment with the student finance team at university but that's next week so I'm panicking.

Thank you for any advice.

Xx
yes the actual loan part they will consider at least part of it towards housing benefit but they won't count any grants you have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (295)
32.03%
The paper was reasonable (439)
47.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
11.83%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
8.47%

Watched Threads