The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Physics (9-1) Paper 2 - 14 June 2019

The Chemistry exam is over. I often encourage people to focus on the next exam once an exam has ended, so I have opened this thread to discuss about the next exam, Physics Paper 2.
Feel free to post some of your thoughts and predictions for the upcoming exam!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im really nervous for physics as I hadn't done so well in paper 1.
paper 1 was okay, but watch them hit me with some phat moments questions in paper 2
Reply 3
I lost at least 20 marks in p1
Original post by Mumu123
I lost at least 20 marks in p1

so u roughly get 80 which isnt that bad...the paper is out of 110 for the first paper...thats bout 70% if u got 80...dont worry so much..the 9 is around 144/180..get above 60 for the next paper..
Reply 5
Original post by Underdog...
so u roughly get 80 which isnt that bad...the paper is out of 110 for the first paper...thats bout 70% if u got 80...dont worry so much..the 9 is around 144/180..get above 60 for the next paper..

Thank you, that is reassuring, how well have you done so far.
Reply 6
What topics came up in paper 1? jus so i know what to revise mainly for paper 2
Reply 7
Original post by stressgod16
What topics came up in paper 1? jus so i know what to revise mainly for paper 2

Just go through the bold topics, almost everything not bold came in 1R except for Solids, liquids....
Reply 8
Im confident radiation wont come up massivelt considering we had a fair bit of it last paper right?

Original post by Mumu123
Just go through the bold topics, almost everything not bold came in 1R except for Solids, liquids....
yeah its was about 2 pages

Original post by stressgod16
Im confident radiation wont come up massivelt considering we had a fair bit of it last paper right?
Does anyone know what exactly came in paper 1R, and what to expect in paper 2R?
Original post by Mumu123
Thank you, that is reassuring, how well have you done so far.

in physics im totally fine...although im not doing the regional papers...in my first paper im pretty sure i got 90 above...anyway GL on paper 2 physics..
Reply 12
Original post by Underdog...
in physics im totally fine...although im not doing the regional papers...in my first paper im pretty sure i got 90 above...anyway GL on paper 2 physics..

Thanks, you too
Reply 13
I have just finished the 2PR exam.
For the buzzer question, I thought that B hears a lower pitch, and has increased pitch in half spin and decreased pitch in half spin, while A has both an increase and a decrease in each half spin.
For the charge experiment question I said the student should rub a few rods and if they attract, the rods have different charges.
As a whole, I thought that the paper was a bit more difficult than paper 1PR.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
I think that I will get about 100 marks in paper 1 and 55 marks in paper 2, so what grade will this be?
Any idea what might come in the 2P paper?
Reply 16
Omg I swear 9-1 is harder than the previous years. I think I’m doomed - I don’t even mentioned pitch for the buzzer question. For the 2nd question of rods, I wrote abt small pieces of paper attracting to it.
Original post by 8013
I have just finished the 2PR exam.
For the buzzer question, I thought that B hears a lower pitch, and has increased pitch in half spin and decreased pitch in half spin, while A has both an increase and a decrease in each half spin.
For the charge experiment question I said the student should rub a few rods and if they attract, the rods have different charges.
As a whole, I thought that the paper was a bit more difficult than paper 1PR.
Reply 17
And btw. For the transformer question I got 15.6 (1200/100 x 1.3) I don’t think it’s correct tho. Which value should I use for number of secondary coil cuz there r 100 to 600. N it’s confusing, why do they give 4 marks to that question. Normally it’s 2 or 3
Reply 18
I got that too, although other answers were 15 and 15.2
Original post by NATacs
And btw. For the transformer question I got 15.6 (1200/100 x 1.3) I don’t think it’s correct tho. Which value should I use for number of secondary coil cuz there r 100 to 600. N it’s confusing, why do they give 4 marks to that question. Normally it’s 2 or 3
Reply 19
IKR. I was like, ok the answer is 15.6. Lemme try other values. And boom. Different answers. I don’t remember the questions but do u get 0.49, 0.884, 134.5 ?
Original post by Mumu123
I got that too, although other answers were 15 and 15.2
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending