What course should I do and what should I become??? HELP Watch

Keri00Summers
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi, I am not sure what I want to become when I'm older - if any of you do these courses please they me whether its a good choice either bad from your experience. I am going to sixth form this September and I want to know whether one of these courses are worth it...

> BTEC: Health & Social Care
> BTEC: Criminology
> BTEC: Applied Science
> BTEC: Psychology

I have applied for Health & Social Care and the same school does Criminology so I was wandering what to pick...
When I was in year 9, I wanted to become a Criminal Profiler but I can't do A Levels since my English Language has always been bad (Grade 3) unlike my Literature (Grade 5).... I had already sat the exam bearing in mind of what must I talk about to get the pass grade... since the schools that I have applied wants English Language instead of Literature......
If I am able to pick A Levels then I would've picked: Psychology, Biology, Law, (Sociology OR Maths) - So I want to know what course is better to do and why?

Thank you for your help and time for reading this.
Last edited by Keri00Summers; 1 week ago
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
Hi, I am not sure what I want to become when I'm older - if any of you do these courses please they me whether its a good choice either bad from your experience. I am going to sixth form this September and I want to know whether one of these courses are worth it...

> BTEC: Health & Social Care
> BTEC: Criminology
> BTEC: Applied Science
> BTEC: Psychology

I have applied for Health & Social Care and the same school does Criminology so I was wandering what to pick...
When I was in year 9, I wanted to become a Criminal Profiler but I can't do A Levels since my English Language has always been bad unlike my Literature.... I had already sat the exam bearing in mind of what must I talk about to get the pass grade...
If I am able to pick A Levels then I would've picked: Psychology, Biology, Law, (Sociology OR Maths) - So I want to know what course is better to do and why?

Thank you for your help and time for reading this.
when you say criminal profiler do you mean something will a forensic psychologist?
Keri00Summers
Rep:
?
I don't know how to explain this but googled it:
Criminal profiling definition
>Offender profiling. Offender profiling, also known as criminal profiling, is an investigative tool used by law enforcement agencies to identify likely suspects (descriptive offender profiling) and analyze patterns that may predict future offenses and/or victims (predictive offender profiling).
(Original post by claireestelle)
when you say criminal profiler do you mean something will a forensic psychologist?
claireestelle
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Keri00Summers)
I don't know how to explain this but googled it:
Criminal profiling definition
>Offender profiling. Offender profiling, also known as criminal profiling, is an investigative tool used by law enforcement agencies to identify likely suspects (descriptive offender profiling) and analyze patterns that may predict future offenses and/or victims (predictive offender profiling).
i dont think it is a job alone in itself, forensic psychology would have profiling as part of it, i ;d say btec psychology or applied science or criminology would be more appropriate than health and social care.
Keri00Summers
Rep:
?
The thing is I don't know what to become now.... so i'm asking...
Should I still become a Criminal Profiler or should I become something else?
(Original post by claireestelle)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (289)
31.83%
The paper was reasonable (437)
48.13%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
12%
It was TERRIBLE (73)
8.04%

Watched Threads