Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have to decided to start a MBA this September, thing is, I'm not exactly clued up on postgraduate courses of any kind. I have a 2:2 in history (not great I know), I am therefore not sure what universities will accept me. Would I need to take a GMAT exam, how exactly do they work?

Can anyone here recommended somewhere decent (preferably in London)? Moreover, my maths is a bit shaky, how numeric is a MBA course?

Any answers to these questions would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    From what I have read about MBAs, several of them require a number of years relevant work experience before embarking on the course. Maybe around 3 years for some.

Sorry I cannot be of much help as I do not do an MBA myself, but the best thing would be to do your research and just find out what requirements there would be. Im pretty sure these courses have more emphasis on work experience than some masters degrees, so if I were you I would build myself up in that area.

There must be someone on here who can tell you more than I can, but I saw you had no replies yet so thought I would respond

ReputationRep:
    Have you got any practical experience for a minimum of 3 years? As that's one of the main entry requirements for the MBA course

How do you intend to fund it? The MBA at CASS (City Uni, London),if you do it full time will cost you a whopping £28 000!!!!! (I REALLY hope that's a mis-print but have got a funny feeling it isn't!) http://www.cass.city.ac.uk/mba/ft/fees/index.html

Yes you will need to take the GMAT (CASS ask for 600+; Royal Holloway ask for 550)

www.mba.com is the first one that came up on google regarding taking the GMAT and where you can take it.

Hope this helps a bit. The MBAs are popular courses and if you're looking at entry for this September, you may struggle to get a place as the courses may well already be full. Do some googling as if London is the only place you're considering do consider that not all the usual London university names offer MBAs

ReputationRep:
    Usual process is :-

GMAT
    Application Essays & CV
    Interview (if Invited)

Things you need to be able to answer - Why MBA? Why Now? Why XXXX B-School?

Be sure you understand the value of the MBA and target a school according to your career goals. Each school is different and harnesses different types of student communities.

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.