Buying a property Watch

Dan_the_man31
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Is anybody here from Nottingham? I’m looking at putting an offer in on a house but I’m not sure if it’s in a deprived area or not, which I am not keen on living in. The road is called Mickleborough Avenue which lies close to Mapperley to the north which is apparently a nice area, and to the south St Ann’s, which has arguably the worst reputation in the city. I’m not from the area so any help would be received gratefully,

Thanks
Last edited by Dan_the_man31; 1 week ago
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Dan_the_man31)
Is anybody here from Nottingham? I’m looking at putting an offer in on a house but I’m not sure if it’s in a deprived area or not, which I am not keen on living in. The road is called Mickleborough Avenue which lies close to Mapperley to the north which is apparently a nice area, and to the south St Ann’s, which has arguably the worst reputation on the city. I’m not from the area so any help would be received gratefully,

Thanks
This may be somewhat useful to you:
http://dclgapps.communities.gov.uk/imd/idmap.html

Obviously you need to bear in mind that it works on old data (2015 currently) and is only based on limited characteristics.

The other thing it's good to do is to have a walk/drive around the area at various times of the day so you can assess noise etc. Weekend evenings are particularly good for this. You can also look at the other nearby properties - do any of them look poorly maintained, vacant, deserted etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (295)
32.03%
The paper was reasonable (439)
47.67%
Not feeling great about that exam... (109)
11.83%
It was TERRIBLE (78)
8.47%

Watched Threads